What would you recomend?

Currently reading:
What would you recomend?

Unreal Numbers

Hey!

I’ve had a previous thread which gave me lots of ideas to what I should be looking for.
I now know that I’m looking for an amp, sub, and enclosure. (Also some speakers if i can fit within the budget)
My budget is no more than £200. After the other thread I have been told JBL do good budget gear but does anyone have any other ideas?

Doesn’t matter if the stuff is all on different websites but if it’s a pack/bulk buy that would be good :) I know that they often put not so good speakers in an amp and sub pack so maybe buying of different websites and choosing components is better.

Thanks!

Unreal

JBL is still your best bet (y) My only other suggestion after JBL is the SNG Jatt which costs £100 and needs a pretty serious amp over 800w RMS. Does this tell you how good these JBL subs are lol.
I am waiting on a reply from the Guy at caraudiosecurity.com to get back to me with some suggestions of new packages that come with 6.5" speakers.
We suggest caraudiosecurity.com and caraudiodirect.com as these are well known dealers who can offer the same full warranty that you would get if bought in a shop. As if you look at this.
http://www.diamondaudio.com/
But with these two co's its fine.

JBL is still your best bet (y) My only other suggestion after JBL is the SNG Jatt which costs £100 and needs a pretty serious amp over 800w RMS. Does this tell you how good these JBL subs are lol.
I am waiting on a reply from the Guy at caraudiosecurity.com to get back to me with some suggestions of new packages that come with 6.5" speakers.
We suggest caraudiosecurity.com and caraudiodirect.com as these are well known dealers who can offer the same full warranty that you would get if bought in a shop. As if you look at this.
http://www.diamondaudio.com/
But with these two co's its fine.

Awesome thanks! There are a few JBL packs on CAS but they all have either different amps of different speakers. Is there one in particular which is a good alrounder. There are like Alpine or Kenwood amps :/

Thats all well and good but there are many different packs between the price of £100-£200 so there has to be a better one. Thats why i asked. :)

ie. http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product_list/c_path/60_98_231/spd/4-channel-amp%2Bspeakers%2Bsub-deal.html

Thanks

Don't get me wrong i know what your saying, i said that mainly from the colmment about how the amps wasn't that great of a brand.

I mean you can obviously get a sub, enclosure, speakers, and an amplifier but for 200 but to me the sound quality wouldn't be worth it. Your going to have a pretty bad sub with a cheap box, with an amp thats going to be nothing to talk about, then pretty bad speakers wired to the headunit :/

All depends on how much patience you have and what your wanting from a sound system. (I've been saving for months on end to finally afford what i wanted)

Last edited:
None of them are recomended IMO, £200 is a bit optimistic to get speakers as well TBH. Your best bet is to buy it all seperately.
TBH i would spend your money on something like
http://www.auto-motives.biz/car-aud...t-pppk1120-subbassamp-custom-pack-p-1826.html :devil:
Then save up for a decent set of comps and 2 channel amp.

Now thats a good bit of advice ;)
So if i where to decided to get some comps at a later stage would i be able to use this setup and just add them on or would i have to buy something else?

Another question, on that link, the title is,
Fusion PowerPlant PP-PK1120 Sub/Bass/Amp Custom Pack

But in the detail it says The PowerPlant PP-SW120 Subwoofer.... am i just being stupid?

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong i know what your saying, i said that mainly from the colmment about how the amps wasn't that great of a brand.

I mean you can obviously get a sub, enclosure, speakers, and an amplifier but for 200 but to me the sound quality wouldn't be worth it. Your going to have a pretty bad sub with a cheap box, with an amp thats going to be nothing to talk about, then pretty bad speakers wired to the headunit :/

All depends on how much patience you have and what your wanting from a sound system. (I've been saving for months on end to finally afford what i wanted)

Yeah i get what you mean. I cant push that budget anyfurther either so i will probs forget about the speakers for now.

Now thats a good bit of advice ;)
So if i where to decided to get some comps at a later stage would i be able to use this setup and just add them on or would i have to buy something else?

Another question, on that link, the title is,
Fusion PowerPlant PP-PK1120 Sub/Bass/Amp Custom Pack

But in the detail it says The PowerPlant PP-SW120 Subwoofer.... am i just being stupid?

Nope your correct, thats a bit confusing they must have made a mistake on the title.

As far as my knowledge goes(still learning every day) If you added comps that amp is mono just for the sub so you would simply add the comps then wire them to your headunit and then buy an amplifier later when you get the money (makes a massive difference quality wise).

With stock speakers wired to a decent head unit they sound ok as long as you dont crank them to loud as my mate simply has brought a good stereo but not done anything else and its not bad as long as the volume isn't excessive.

Last edited:
Nope your correct, thats a bit confusing they must have made a mistake on the title.

As far as my knowledge goes(still learning every day) If you added comps that amp is mono just for the sub so you would simply add the comps then wire then to your headunit and then buy an amplifier later when you get the money (makes a massive difference trust me).

Yeah, the one in the title is a bit more expensive :p but the one they are actualy selling still looks good to me. what do you think?

Ah thats ok then. But as uni is comming up soon i doubt i wil have much money floating around ;)

Cheers

Im sure that they are the same.
And get a job then you will have money ;)

Really? Ok.
Can you explain the difference between:

1: http://www.auto-motives.biz/car-aud...plant-pppk1120-subwoofer-bass-pack-p-348.html

2: http://www.auto-motives.biz/car-aud...t-pppk1120-subbassamp-custom-pack-p-1826.html

I may be being stupid again but i cant see it. Except the price and the enclosure.

Cheers
Ps. I have a Job and will have a job at uni, but i need that to live, not spend money on my car ;)

A decent custom box will cost in excess of £200 ;) As far as im aware the cheaper kit has the better box though :confused:.
I did only look quickly but im sure that is all that the difference is.

A decent custom box will cost in excess of £200 ;) As far as im aware the cheaper kit has the better box though :confused:.
I did only look quickly but im sure that is all that the difference is.

Yeah... :/ am i right in saying that the the sub is different colours...

I asume.... PP-Sw-120 is Subwoofer only
and PP-Pk-1120 is Pack ie with box.

well as long as its good im happy, and worth the money! :)

Yeah i get what you mean. I cant push that budget anyfurther either so i will probs forget about the speakers for now.

Go second hand then :)

My very first sub/amp/box/wiring combo cost less than £80 IIRC.

For example; a second hand JBL 75.2 in good nick costs in the region of £30-£40. A suitable half decent wiring kit can be picked up for £15. Buy something like a JBL GT-4 sub for another £40 maximum, depending on size. £15 on enough 3/4 inch MDF to build the box. Another fiver for fixings and adhesive. Leaves about £80 to pick up a half decent pair of comps, which can be done :)

Go second hand then :)

For example; a second hand JBL 75.2 in good nick costs in the region of £30-£40.

I sold a JL e2150 for £50 the other dayh (actually not recieved any money for it yet so if anybody wants it ten let me know) absolutely awesome amp but worth sweet FA second hand. (worth well over £250 new now days for similar SQ if not more)
But if your gonna go that rout and build an enclosure from our experienced knowledge i would get an SNG sub from me and wait until i find a suitable amp, it will be 10 times better than anything else suggested.
Anybody how do you insert links into clickies.

Last edited:
I sold a JL e2150 for £50 the other dayh (actually not recieved any money for it yet so if anybody wants it ten let me know) absolutely awesome amp but worth sweet FA second hand. (worth well over £250 new now days for similar SQ if not more)
But if your gonna go that rout and build an enclosure from our experienced knowledge i would get an SNG sub from me and wait until i find a suitable amp, it will be 10 times better than anything else suggested.
Anybody how do you insert links into clickies.

Hmm, im not sure what im gonna do atm. I sorta feel that as i need the stuff and fitted by next wednesday and i am in exam period atm, I just want to order the stuff in one go and then it all turn up and then i fit it. Instead of searching around for different parts ect... lazy i know but still...

Back