General What to do?!?!?!

Currently reading:
General What to do?!?!?!

truscotsman72

Hi folks, complete newbie here to the forum, but not a noob to forums in general. My reason for joining?....well Im going to get a new motability car and Im toying with either the Panda 4x4 or the 100HP sport. At the moment, im swaying for the 100HP model as Ive been playing on this forum (unregistered) for over an hour looking at pics, reading comments and following links to you tube.

I have a test drive booked with fiat for friday 1st june and it'll be a 4x4 Im testing, but at least I get to know roughly what a panda feels like. But being a youngish 34, the little 100HP makes me smile.....what to do!?!?!?! :bang:

PS: the fiat salesman says the 100HP compared to the 4x4 is like the difference between a tractor and a porsche lol:p

Hi and welcome
Try to get a test drive of both because as the salesman says they are like chalk and cheese.It really depends on where you are going to drive it,country lanes and sweeping A-Roads then the 100HP for cert.If your looking for a supple ride then the 4x4 has to be better than the 100HP (which is verging on the back breaking especially with speed bumps and potholes).Which ever you choose you'll get good car (y)

Weird problem, to choose from such different cars. But I have this also on my mind. The best sollution is to have them both :D
Just a little advice: I have the 1.2 Dynamic and, although it runs nice, I would not advice you to buy this engine on the 4x4, better go for the MultiJet. The 1.2 consumes a lot of fuel on the off-road, and it lacks the torque.

I would have liked the 4x4, but I didn't think the 1.2 engine was right for it. The Multijet is much better, but unfortunately it's not available in the 4x4 in the UK. I opted for the Dynamic Multijet instead.

I have also driven the 100HP, and although I enjoyed it, I still prefer my Multijet for its cuter looks and economy...

Whatever you go for, don't forget to order yourself a locking fuel cap, and when you pick it up, take it to your local tyre-shop and get the wheel alignment checked...

Good choice deciding to go for the Panda (y)

A really difficult question...
There will be occasions when you will need the qualities of either one but if you are stil undecided after a drive, I'd say 100hp. Unless you go off road/muddy tracks then the 100hp is all the car you'll ever need - fast, great handling, looks great, practical, cheap (y)

It's a ride thing.

The 100 never settles down. Fun for a while but then possibly an irritation? Be aware of this when you take it out.

Why not the diesel?

Out of the two definately go for the 100hp - better speed, fuel economy and style. The 1.2 in the 4x4 really does struggle. My mum has a 100hp and I borrow it here and there and it's such a great laugh -just don't pay pay anything over £8500 for it and you've got a good deal!

It's a ride thing.

The 100 never settles down. Fun for a while but then possibly an irritation? Be aware of this when you take it out.

Why not the diesel?

Coz I like the look of the 100hp, and I dont think the diesel is an option on that model :p

Out of the two definately go for the 100hp - better speed, fuel economy and style. The 1.2 in the 4x4 really does struggle. My mum has a 100hp and I borrow it here and there and it's such a great laugh -just don't pay pay anything over £8500 for it and you've got a good deal!

Im getting the car for free mate, its a motability car (well I drop £40 a week in benefits, but the car is mine for 3 yrs) :slayer:

Update, got a phonecall from Fiat in Stirling confirming my friday test drive in the new Fiat Grande Punto!! .... err no Mr Salesman, I booked a test drive in a Fiat Panda as this is what Im considering to buy.

His reply was that he sold the last ex demo Panda and had none left, wouldnt I like to test drive the Punto instead? No offence to the man, but did I miss a boat ride? He wants me to test a car I have no intention of buying, wtf!!!!

Anyway, he said he should have a Panda 4x4 in for friday but he doesnt know if its available for a test drive, failing that, I can get to drive a normal Panda

There's no Multijet 4x4 available for you? Well, in Romania we have it, in two options (Base and Climbing) :yum: But we don't have the 100hp !!!!!!!!!!! :( :confused: :( :confused: :( :confused: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Although it seems the right choice for Fiat considering our roads :) :) :)

Jusd kidding...

Last edited:
There's no Multijet 4x4 available for you? Well, in Romania we have it, in two options (Base and Climbing) :yum: But we don't have the 100hp !!!!!!!!!!! :( :confused: :( :confused: :( :confused: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Although it seems the right choice for Fiat considering our roads :) :) :)

Nope, we dont get the diesel as an option on the 4x4 or I would have easily chosen the 4x4.

As for the 1.2, I'm not saying it isnt capable, but could you imagine going on holiday in it with my girlfriend and her two teenagers, plus possibly a fully laden roof box as well? I think the lil 1.2 might die (n)

the 100hp was the difference between a frustrating and slow drive to skeggy in a fully laden cinq sporting, and the chilled out drive I experienced a couple of months ago, even with two people and luggage for a week I managed to stay with a sports KA, bless him

Well did my test drive today and it was a 1.3 diesel multijet. It isnt quite a 100hp, but for those of you that havent tried it, i was very impressed, that lil thing fairly pulls. Felt like it had bags of torque under it.

Anyways, back to my 100hp, as a person getting a car thru motability, im only allowed metallic colours, no solids. To do with resale value, solids show up dents and scratches easier.

I thought this was a bit of a bummer as I had my heart set on a black 100hp, but black is a solid on the fiat site and in the fiat brochure. But anyway, the salesman ran through my car spec to give me a rough estimation on how long i'll have to wait til I get my car once I order it. And theres a new colour avaiable, metallic black!!! (y) Needless to say thats the one im after, and once Ive placed my order for the car, it'll take upto, but no more than 4 weeks :D

Why havent I ordered it just now? Well I have to wait on the DWP sending me a letter confirming Im eligable for a motability car. As soon as that arrives, Im in that friggin showroom signing on the dotted line :slayer:

Good stuff mate!(y) I thought the black on the 100HP has been a metallic colour since launch.

When you get it let's link up for a joint photoshoot opportunity.

Gonna be a long 4 weeks mind.;) Who are you getting it from?.....Arnold?.....Parks?

Last edited:
Good stuff mate!(y) I thought the black on the 100HP has been a metallic colour since launch.

When you get it let's link up for a joint photoshoot opportunity.

Gonna be a long 4 weeks mind.;) Who are you getting it from?.....Arnold?.....Parks?

Fiat garage in Stirling, dont know the exact name of the showroom, but its on the 'tourist route' road to stirling, just off the services roundabout.

As for meeting for a photoshoot, I'd love to, mainly for the reason being, I havent seen a single 100hp anywhere!!! :bang:

The garage is 'Morrisons', they used to do Rover but have been Fiat dealers for a year or so. Enjoy your Panda when you get it - brilliant wee cars.

Still waiting on my proof of mobility letter coming from the DWP, then I can order my panda. I called DWP this morning and they said it was posted. Feels like forever :(

The garage is 'Morrisons', they used to do Rover but have been Fiat dealers for a year or so. Enjoy your Panda when you get it - brilliant wee cars.

Hey.....thought for a moment there that Morrison the supermarket chain had actually gone into selling Panda's.;) I guess they could fit on the shelves if push came to shove. Think of the offers....two for the price of one.....buy two and get a free 'Pandamonium Pack' on the second one.(y)

Anyway enough of this fantasy motortrade.....hope your proof comes through soon mate and you can get the car ordered.

Got my proof through and ordered my car. 100HP in metallic black :D. The downside is, I wont have it til august and my insurance on my current car runs out on july 7th:bang: and I just got my 'T in the park tickets through', so no transport for that :bang::bang: Its all good :rolleyes:

Back