what the hell are MOSFET amplifiers?

Currently reading:
what the hell are MOSFET amplifiers?

MOSFET (metal oxide semiconductor field effect transistor) is simply a type of power transistor. MOSFETs are more efficient and can handle larger currents at higher frequencies (control more power with less loss, less heat and less noise) than can standard FETs or BJT transistors used in older solid-state amplifiers. MOSFETs are used in almost 100% of all solid state audio power amplifiers available today, especially since they have become cheaper in recent years than the older styles. Some companies have made this into a marketing point.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you
newheadrub1.JPG
newheadrub2.JPG
sigpic.JPG

BLIMEY that looks like i know what i am talking about[8D]
i just copied it from somewhere else;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you
newheadrub1.JPG
newheadrub2.JPG
sigpic.JPG

Basically, theyre cheap and powerful.:D

Tom (AofB)

95 Cinq Sporting - Rattly GrpN Catback Exhaust, <font color="black">Buckets</font id="black"> and 3pt Harnesses,Sexy VW styleé dials (that look great, but dont work!! :)D)), 10" Sub and 6x9's, ETech Wing. Lots of Dirt!
1242cc Engine to go in soon, boot delock soon, K+N still in garage!

haha Dave, I was starting to think "[:0]" wow!

I knew the answer though [8D] - well not in such detail

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.
Uno_sign.jpg

<font size="5">Vote for PGHSTOCHAJ !!!</font id="size5">

Look at this one:

http://www.fiatcentral.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2714&SearchTerms=,mosfet

Morten.

gas lowered on abarth wheels. upgraded interior and visuals. audio through phoenix gold and kenwood.

projects: air in and out.

Back