boosting the fm signal

Currently reading:
boosting the fm signal

Giraffe76

Hi all,

Wasnt sure where to put this post so if its in the wrong place please move it.

We have a fiat doblo multijet 2007 van but we are finding that the fm signal keeps dropping out and i was wondering if there was anything we could do to boost the signal without taking it to a garage.

Hope someone can please advise us

Kind regards Mark

Well first thing you could try is to remove the antenna, it comes off by turning the antenna itself (not the base) counter-clockwise. Clean connector with electronic cleaner and put it back. If you're lucky that's all it needs.

Well first thing you could try is to remove the antenna, it comes off by turning the antenna itself (not the base) counter-clockwise. Clean connector with electronic cleaner and put it back. If you're lucky that's all it needs.
Thank you for ypur reply. what else could you suggest if its not solved by a simple clean?

Well, you could easily replace the antenna with a longer type. The radio has a setting to only discover stations that have the strongest signal and that usually filters local stations out. I'm afraid that i don't remember what the setting was but changing the setting makes the radio find more stations. You could have a look at the radio manual which hopefully came with the car.

Back