General What Stereo

Currently reading:
General What Stereo

Pretty sure you don't need an ISO converter if you just connect RED & YELLOW together. You'll need to manually switch the radio on/off but otherwise should be OK.

Don't mess with the CAN bus though as that can never be used on after market stuff :(

Looked into this now, not ideal, don't want to have to think about switching off the stereo when I switch off the ignition. So I guess my only option is to run a feed from the switched live! :( Hate using scotch locks, worst damn things every. I picked so many of them out the loom of my mini when I bought it.

I've gone through a few H.U's really liked the pioneer stuff as it gives you a lot more options when doing sound staging etc..

currently have the pioneer DEH 9800BT
dehp9800bt_detailpage.jpg

bluetooth, 2 aux imputs and a full set of 3 RCA's means i can have the front and rear speakers amplified and a sub.

I don't think this model exists any more though.

I had this for nearly 2 years and i loved every bit of it. Then i sold it and went for a double din Sony XAV-W1. Looks good but to be honest, the sound is nowhere near as good as the Pioneer. Plus, i imported it from america, cost me about 350 quid. Think its a bit out of the price range though...

Image001.jpg

Image006-1.jpg

Image003.jpg

Back