General What oil?

Currently reading:
General What oil?

Be patient, give them a few more days, it's almost the end of the year, they are busy for sure...

Whenever I have an oil related question, I got decent answers from Castrol ( Germany....!)
Maybe Castrol UK would be an option for you to talk about your car...??

Last edited:
Finally got a response from FIAT UK who have confirmed there is a fault with the 105 multiair engine in a tappet fault and fiat have recalled the cars involved as yet i havent recieved a recall letter and the dealer knew nothing about this so will show the email to them when i take the car in on tuesday for diagnostic with heater unit

That's bad indeed...!!

I remember some years ago, when the first Alfa Romeo 164 came to the dealers, the V-6 engines were soon replaced when the new cars were still in the showroom, unsold....!
I tried to buy one of those replaced engines, thinking it couldn't be that bad, but they refused to sell it to me....!
AR apparently had discovered a major fault in them, and replaced the engines before the cars were sold....!

well if they say there is more than just the tappet problem i.e. a head gasket fault would that be a reasonable reason to reject the car

Well I've bought "Castrol Edge w5-40" (Note: NOT Turbo Diesel) ...

Also the back of the container says "ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4, C3" & "Meets Fiat 9.355535.S2" just incase anyone wants in-depth info to be absolutely sure in future.

Looks Like Castrol have a typo...
The spec is Fiat 9.55535-S2, not Fiat 9.355535-S2...

The correct Fiat spec number is on the "Edge Turbo Diesel 5W40", but the typo is on the "Edge 5W40" specs...

Back