Technical what next for 1.9d

Currently reading:
Technical what next for 1.9d

rsd73

bought a 51 reg doblo. Runs fine but puts a lot of pressure in header bottle and loss of water. Changed the bottletop but ran rough . Got a 2nd hand head changed it. STILL the same :bang:.How can i prove it the head the porroblem without a pointless test on it ? And buy a new head anyway and still have the same problem:mad:.For £530+vat and a waist o time. help.:cry:

bought a 51 reg doblo. Runs fine but puts a lot of pressure in header bottle and loss of water. Changed the bottletop but ran rough . Got a 2nd hand head changed it. STILL the same :bang:.How can i prove it the head the porroblem without a pointless test on it ? And buy a new head anyway and still have the same problem:mad:.For £530+vat and a waist o time. help.:cry:

I wouldnt say a test was pointless :confused:
as it normaly stops the problem that youre having! (if its on the head side of things)
Have you brought it recently? after the winter weve had if there was no antifreeze in...well there could be a hair line crack in the block,the rad might be blocked,if its been run hot the head might of warped and even though youve changed the head who???? says the top of the block is ok?

theres loads of things it could be,their must be somebody who can have a look for you?,think my mate pays £45 for a skim and crack test.
Its worth every penny as it makes sure the heads good.Please dont take offence just trying to help.

Kind regards

Richie

thanks for your help. the story starts with the header bottle .The water has a fast turnover and pressure builds very fast to. If i tighten the cap tight after a minute it runs rough and white steam from the back of the van. Let the pressure off and it runs fine again. I have heard that non turbo heads are bad for this? I live in the north isle's so far away from tester's. thanks again:eek: richie

Last edited:
Back