Styling what mods shud i put on my 1.2 gp

Currently reading:
Styling what mods shud i put on my 1.2 gp

heardy

hello

i just got my gp last wk, and i want to put mods, i woz wondering if an induction kit would make it quicker, and what else could make it quicker what about a racing chip, also i dont know what wheels to get its either oz superturismos or wolfrae prosprints, and i gunna spray them in white, also would a back box increase the bhp, and if i took the cat off den dat may make a difference

hello

i just got my gp last wk, and i want to put mods, i woz wondering if an induction kit would make it quicker, and what else could make it quicker what about a racing chip, also i dont know what wheels to get its either oz superturismos or wolfrae prosprints, and i gunna spray them in white, also would a back box increase the bhp, and if i took the cat off den dat may make a difference

Im guessing your quite young, any of those mods will make your insurance stupidly expensive. Induction kit wont make any noticeable performance gain (will sound different though), chip will give better results, exhaust again will only give a marginal gain, take the cat off and it wont get through an MOT (wont need one till its three years old though).

No offence, but the 1.2 is a slow car (had one as a coutesy car), no matter what you do, it will still be slow. There might/will be warranty issues if you start changing things and your insurance wont be valid unless you declare everything. This could result in them not paying out if need be (hopefully you wont ever need them to (y) )

(just so you know)

hello

Induction kit will use more fuel and not give a noticeable difference it may increase throttle response (if a gsr kit is used) but more than likely give you a flatspot in the revs.

A back box won't make any difference because judging by your post you won't buy a decent one.

Don't decat it as small engines need more back pressure. This would only work with a tailored remap increasing the fuelling accordingly.

you would have real troble if you took the cat off! the ecu would go crazey!

new air intake kit for your car makes it look OOOOO BOY RACER' ey and doesnt give a real gane

Id say the best option is a chip but they are expensive!

Dont do anything, keep it original then trade up in a couple of years time to a 1.9 Mjet (y)

Induction kit wont make any noticeable performance gain

7bhp ;)

No offence, but the 1.2 is a slow car (had one as a coutesy car), no matter what you do, it will still be slow.

okay, maybe slow, but not granny speed. and who goes round ragging the absolute ******** off their car all the time :confused:

Induction kit will use more fuel and not give a noticeable difference it may increase throttle response (if a gsr kit is used) but more than likely give you a flatspot in the revs.

i have the only GSR for the 1.2 GP. i get better MPG. Better throttle response and the flat spots i DID have are now gone

new air intake kit for your car makes it look OOOOO BOY RACER' ey and doesnt give a real gane

Id say the best option is a chip but they are expensive!

Boy racer? lol yeah :rolleyes:

no chips available yet. remaps are very expensive aswell.

so now your generalising?

explain your theory....

I have met a number of 1.2 drivers who make up for the fact their car isn't as fast by saying 'I don't need to go fast' etc.

That is my theory. There is nothing wrong with owning a 1.2 I have owned one but I hated how slow it was and never made any excuses.

Don't talk s**t. As long as you still have the lambda sensors present it wont do anything to the ECU :confused:.

You are right, the ecu won't know it will just think it's fuelling right for a car with a cat. so the ecu 'going crazy' is not correct.

I have met a number of 1.2 drivers who make up for the fact their car isn't as fast by saying 'I don't need to go fast' etc.

That is my theory. There is nothing wrong with owning a 1.2 I have owned one but I hated how slow it was and never made any excuses.

You are right, the ecu won't know it will just think it's fuelling right for a car with a cat. so the ecu 'going crazy' is not correct.

alright alright..........

btw j. whats your avrige mpg??

if you remove the cat and don't have a custom map to tell the ecu to ignore the post cat sensor, the ecu will run the engine lean as it'll think its overfueling and you'll loose power and probably damage the engine

The post lambda needs a cat of some sort bofore itself and the first lambda as you correctly said. From the rr experiences quite wild situations have evolves when trying to ignore it.

The mentioned back pressure issue does not come into effect. As ECUs get more 'intelligent' it is more difficult to fool them. Therefore I would advise on any engine with post lambdas to go for a proper sports cat if you don't want to leave tha standard one in.

Back