Technical What is this plugged hose in my Doblo

Currently reading:
Technical What is this plugged hose in my Doblo

Hi!
My dad has a 2015 face-lifted 1.6 multijet fiat doblo. Couple of months back car got in an accident and fixed by a less that qualified mechanic. It had issues with its turbo, specifically lack of power. It is fixed now but i can't figure out what is this plugged hose, its right next to the other end of wastegate actuator vaccuum line and its disintegrating. Can anyone enlighten me?
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20230312_091544.jpg
    IMG_20230312_091544.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20230312_091648.jpg
    IMG_20230312_091648.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 40
Hi!
My dad has a 2015 face-lifted 1.6 multijet fiat doblo. Couple of months back car got in an accident and fixed by a less that qualified mechanic. It had issues with its turbo, specifically lack of power. It is fixed now but i can't figure out what is this plugged hose, its right next to the other end of wastegate actuator vaccuum line and its disintegrating. Can anyone enlighten me?
Thanks!
I have a 2010 1.6 multijet fiat doblo maxi van. I believe the thing you have in your picture is an EGR cooler (if you go on eBay you will see them advertised) they are made of plastic and are at the gearbox end of the engine at the front. As you may see in my photo mine has a blank fitted though probably a original Fiat version and is part of the vacuum piping, one goes to the turbo actuator solenoid another part goes to the EGR actuator etc.

Attachments

• DSCF0725.JPG
    DSCF0725.JPG
    470.6 KB · Views: 34
Thank you for the reply and your time, ı really appreciate it. So as far as ı understand that middle plug should be blocked as design. I have to do is change the crumbling hose to a proper fitting to block air. I hope ı get it right.

The bolt that has been used to plug the hose is labelled 5.8, which is its grade. There is usually nothing on a car of this low grade, the standard being 8.8 for most stuff and 10.9 for critical components such as suspension and steering. There is no reason any mechanic should ever have such low grade bolts in his stock, which is, for me, worrying. The mechanic may have had something lying around from a piece of furniture, or other cheap non-critical function, but I would be concerned about everything else he may have touched. This may of course have been a previous owner, not the most recent repairer.

It should be possible to get a proper end cap for the unused spout.
(Fouond these: https://www.s-v-c.co.uk/categories/...svc-fuel-hose-end-caps-finishers&schema=42477)
Whatever is used needs to be oil (and heat) resistant.

Thank you for the reply and your time, ı really appreciate it. So as far as ı understand that middle plug should be blocked as design. I have to do is change the crumbling hose to a proper fitting to block air. I hope ı get it right.
Yes, as you can see on my vehicle that is the case. It is possible that in some areas with different exhaust emission laws the blanked off pipe may be used.
As you say at the beginning of your thread "fixed by a less that qualified mechanic" so if you can find a correct blanking plug it will be a better repair, as if it leaks it will affect the operation of both the turbo and EGR control mechanism etc.:)

I ended up doing a similar fix with a proper hose with the correct diameter, previous hose was ı believe was an air hose that was too large and was just sitting there with hopes and faith that it wont fall off. I will try to find a correct plug but things are bit funky in turkey right now and even those little parts can get expensive, plus ı am currently living in a rural area. It is not a proper fix but its the best ı can do at the moment.
As for the state of the car both previous owner and current owner (my dad) got in an accident where it has been fixed poorly, sloppy paint jobs misaligned bumper and such. And about the bolt being low quality, you would be shocked how most mechanics in turkey are barely able to turn a wrench.

Back