Technical What is this part called? It holds 10mm bolts on the engine cover.

Currently reading:
Technical What is this part called? It holds 10mm bolts on the engine cover.

OneHundredPandas

I was removing my engine cover, and I had to remove 3 10mm bolts, but I lost 1 of the 3 things below in the process. I have asked around and don't know what this part is so I cannot replace it. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20230925_162058.jpg
    20230925_162058.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 20230925_162103.jpg
    20230925_162103.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20230925_162105.jpg
    20230925_162105.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 23
Looks like part of the airbox

I don't think fiat ever supplied them seperately

Might be the same as some other fiat models, fairly sure the other petrol panda ones would swap over

I think I have seen some new third party ones for the 500 somewhere

Head to the scrap yard to see if a similar Fiat model is there to rob parts from.

You may be able to use a rivet nut in its place if you find an appropriately sized one. You’ll just be using it as a nut rather than drawing it in to be secure like a rivet.

Other options may be a socket joint nut, or poss a cylindrical jack nut, if the right thing can’t be found.

I was removing my engine cover, and I had to remove 3 10mm bolts, but I lost 1 of the 3 things below in the process. I have asked around and don't know what this part is so I cannot replace it. Any ideas?

I feel your pain.. 🙂
We "somehow" Lost a glow plug in a similar fashion... And nobody stocked them.. 😭
So we spent 2 hours with a mirror.. And found it on the rear of the motor🙄 sat in a void

So what Panda is this..?

I recognise the type of 'washer'... am also thinking "airbox".. or other plastic moulding..
Were the other 3 also 'loose' ?

Looked quite hard and couldn't find any

It's part of the airbox and not shown as a seperate part
Screenshot_20230926_100756.jpg

Third party rubber such as these are available on ebay and it's likes

Screenshot_20230926_095650.jpg

I have never tried one but 1.2 fiat 500 looks very similar, here a shot from the underside of a 500, breakers might be the easiest

Screenshot_20230926_092638.jpg

This guy has a 100% feed back, might be worth messaging him with some photos

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I'm not sure someone breaking a car is going to want to start pulling individual small parts like this off some bigger part like an air box for the few pennies they could make selling them to you, to the determent of a whole air box that is worth a few quid.

I'd be inclined to do as Bugsymike says above and look at just getting a similar diameter piece of metal tube from a hobby shop or online and cutting it to length.

The actual description for something like this is a "Flanged Bushing Sleeve" so whack that into Ebay and see what you come up with.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back