General What is my problem, or is it a problem at all? 1.9 multijet

Currently reading:
General What is my problem, or is it a problem at all? 1.9 multijet

At low speeds in lower gears there seems to be a pause in power before the power engages again ... I am not sure if this is turbo lag or an air leak as a result of one of the turbo pipes leaking... before I go hunting for a leak what do you think guys? It isn't sort of a judder before the power engages again. Thanks

thanks for the reply jimbo... I will see what I can do. Worst case scenario I live literally 2 minutes walk from garage I trust so they could clean it for me.... How easy is it to remove? I looked through the archives and actually found a thread where you struggled to remove it

Have a look here on how to clean the egr valve https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/178715-cleaning-egr-valve.html

Two simple tasks to check is when you have the bonnet open check the 90 degree air pipe near the top and check the boost pipe as this may come loose (near the bottom I think). Just have a feel but if can get someone rev the car has your looking (be careful where you put your hands). You may hear air coming out (got a slit).

Last edited:
Back