Tuning What induction kit to get?

Currently reading:
Tuning What induction kit to get?

Ok i'm looking at getting an induction kit, iv seen pictures of them and stuff and i'v noticed alot of people are using Ford Focus induction kits? i have a 2002 MK2 8v punto and was wondering what induction kit do i need? is the focus one better? also wheres the cheapest place to get them apart from ebay as i dont have paypal and would prefer to order it without my parents finding out as they are the only ones with paypal ;O they are a last resort lol! help much appreciated, Arran!

well i just bought the obvious one from ebay Ebay Induction just waiting for it too arrive

Auto Performance sell them on ebay but have there own site but on the site you have to make it up yourself from the parts but i guess you could give him an email and see whats what

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
ram:confused:its not a computer:D
care to liberate what you mean;)

GHRBXD.jpg

imagine something like this, protecting filter from hot air (less oxygen) and placed in front in grillie so you can ger only fresh air ;)

that is called ram air

It's neat, but the problem is, for ram principles to work you need to be travelling at velocities of which Puntos are incapable.

For the air to flow effectively at lower speeds, that box needs to be vented. Thus putting the filter over the gearbox will work just fine.

More generally, as long as air can get out, it'll find a way in. Or, more colloquially, "vents beat ducts, anyday".

It's neat, but the problem is, for ram principles to work you need to be travelling at velocities of which Puntos are incapable.

For the air to flow effectively at lower speeds, that box needs to be vented. Thus putting the filter over the gearbox will work just fine.

More generally, as long as air can get out, it'll find a way in. Or, more colloquially, "vents beat ducts, anyday".

i didnt say to get maximum effect from ram air, but to take only fresh air from outside the engine bay!!!!
near gearbox the heat of outlet manifold is very big!!!
got it tested ;)

i didnt say to get maximum effect from ram air, but to take only fresh air from outside the engine bay!!!!
near gearbox the heat of outlet manifold is very big!!!
got it tested ;)

No it isn't (very big). And, although every degree of intake temp less is worthwhile in some 800bhp turbocharged sled (helps prevent det, for one thing) , it'll make no real difference in an otherwise stock n/a Punto and nor will fitting the induction kit!

Tests are interesting. But on a rolling road for BHP, or on a dragstrip for 1/4 mile ET, not by putting a little thermometer in front of the inlet.

I think there's a video of some tests on uTube -- they seem to contradict the cold intake theory (but the cold intakes look poorly implemented, as does your one).

Tootling about in town it can get as low as 11mpg. On the motorway, not exactly hanging about, it'll do 35mpg. It is a crazy car, both the most child friendly thing on the planet and a big fat rocketship.

The two Cinqs I still have are awaiting revival. One is slated for a T Jet (as soon as I can find one at a sane price), the other for a MR2 turbo engine. I'm looking for another to put a n/a 1.4 16v in.

Tootling about in town it can get as low as 11mpg. On the motorway, not exactly hanging about, it'll do 35mpg. It is a crazy car, both the most child friendly thing on the planet and a big fat rocketship.

The two Cinqs I still have are awaiting revival. One is slated for a T Jet (as soon as I can find one at a sane price), the other for a MR2 turbo engine. I'm looking for another to put a n/a 1.4 16v in.

sounds about right for the t5 ive seen a few youths driving them these days, when people realized its true power:p
ah nice man:) both project cars then?

Back