Technical what code reader for brava

Currently reading:
Technical what code reader for brava

lilweed

hi there iv got a fiat brava 1997 1.6 auto i need to buy a coder reader but there is so meny im not sure what one i need have this car got a OBD2 as one shop said i need a obd2 reader and is there any think els i need to look for in a code reader meny thanks

No your car doesn't have OBD2. You need a 3pin diagnostic cable. Not sure what software works with your cars ECU.

You could try talking to the guys on the Yahoo Unidiag forum, software is free and you can also buy cables that convert the ODB2 connector to a 3 pin cable from there.

thanks mate any idear what sort of kit i need to look at then or dont they have one just for this car i cant find any 3 pin ones only 3pin is for a ford thanks

well i have looked every where and cant find any fink that will work on this car they must have some fink right what protocol has my car got how can i find out

Last edited:
ok just done loads of reading if im right i can get a obd reader then convert the 16pin plug to a 3 pin with wires but can i buy any reader such as the hand held readers or will it have to be a lap top sytem meny thanks

Back