Panda Wet & Windy Borders

Currently reading:
Panda Wet & Windy Borders

Hi Tom :)

What Italian vehicle brings you here?

Charlie
Hello Charlie,
Thanks for the welcome, I have owned several Fiats over the years mainly on the commercial side, Doblos and Ducatos with no problems, I ran a 2009 Grande Punto (77hp) for a couple of years, of course I have had other motors as well, I retired a couple of years back and picked up a nice little 2010 Panda activ eco, ok it is a bit basic, but I only use it a couple of times a week and the roads round here your not going to be going much over 50, its also cheap to run.
I will be posting to the forum about an intermittent fault just to see if there is a simple solution, if not, I will be making a contribution to the local garage owners pension fund ha ha.
regards,
Borders Tom

Hi Tom and welcome. Been busy this week with grandchildren and helping out with finishing off on both my boy's house extensions - having "great fun" with the building control compliance to get completion certificates! Anyway, due to this I've only been periodically checking my "threads with your posts". A bit quieter - and Mrs J is deeply immersed in "strictly" now - so I've been catching up and came across your post. As you can see I'm in Edinburgh and have lived here for many years but am originally from Galashiels. Can I ask where you are? We've had Pandas in the family for many years from the MK1 750 with points type ignition which my daughter learned to drive in to our present day 1.2 2010 Dynamic Eco, so there might be things I can help with although electronics is not my strongest skill. There's a great range of knowledgeable people on here though so it's unusual to have a problem someone can't help with. As Dave says above, the 1.1 is well known for having connector problems with the main connectors to the ECU and some tie them down with cable ties. I seem to remember a post some time ago from someone saying that they had a broken wire in the same loom which they put down to the wires being slightly on the short side so prone to being pulled. Luckily for me the 1.2 is not known for the same problem.

Back