Weird !Tyre Tread

Currently reading:
Weird !Tyre Tread

I dont think the more the tyre cost the better it is.
Just fitted 4 "budget" tyres on my turbo cinq cost just over £30 each.
I bought budget after eating through some high end tyres in just over a year (my plan is to fit cut slicks onto my other wheels to use on events instead)

the new budget tyres felt miles better in grip then the tyres they replaced which cost over twice as much even when they where new. they grip VERY well in the wet unlike the old tyres.
yet to try them on the track but i feel they will be just as good.

only negatives of the cheapo tyres is they are much noisier (not an issue with me)

I feel at the end of the day all tyres must pass a standard to be sold for highway use and thats not cheap. and one tyre that works good on one car might not work well on another... same with the driver. tyres have different feels. some people might prefer the feel of one tyre while another might prefer the feel of another tyre and the person style of braking with the tyre they prefer might be better then the other person with tyres that feel "wrong" to them even if they cost 10% as much.

i had some called stomil that out lasted 3 cars, but when it rained it was like driving with bald tyres.

i use toyo proxy t1r now, they have economy, good grip in wet and dry and don't wear too bad.

Those Toyo's offer awesome grip levels, even in the wet (y)

Just a pity that i had a screw on the edge of the tyre where it meets the sidewall :mad:

I replaced them, keeping one as a spare (a good one at that) with some avon cooper Z's and while the grip levels are quite good boy do they wear out pretty quickly. Just replaced the fronts, and apart from one needing to be replaced because of tracking issue, there wasn't much tread left on them to be honest. They only lasted 13K and were probably at legal limit, if not below :mad:

Lets hope these Falken's last a long time, but they've gone on the back, so should do.

Im currently using Avon ZV3's on the front with my new alloys. They are excellent all rounders. and not budget breakers either. cost me a reasonable £50 per tyre.

they have performed excellently in all weather conditions and have proved just as chuck-able in wet and muddy conditions as in the dry.

ive had them on for 2k miles and the colored banding on the tyre is still visible. so not started wearing down quickly yet.

The rears have a mix of Avon and Admiral tyres.. only because i needed tyres and the garage only had 3 Avon's in stock.

i am going to change them when ive got the money and they have worn down to Pirelli's (y)

Back