Technical weird starting / running problem

Currently reading:
Technical weird starting / running problem

heres 1 to get your brains around.

pulled up outside the house, cento dies, all lights and electrics stay on, but totally dead.

go to start her, turns over, fires, then dies again straight away...

managed to get her running my applying plenty of throttle while turning over... idles for a few seconds and dies again.

:confused:

i also think that there is a slight burning smell coming from the back of the engine, right hand side as you look at it.

starter motor?
alternator?

Seized alternator?

mase said:
heres 1 to get your brains around.

pulled up outside the house, cento dies, all lights and electrics stay on, but totally dead.

go to start her, turns over, fires, then dies again straight away...

managed to get her running my applying plenty of throttle while turning over... idles for a few seconds and dies again.

i also think that there is a slight burning smell coming from the back of the engine, right hand side as you look at it.

starter motor?
alternator?

iv been told this can have something to do with a cam sensor as afetr christmas shopping the other day mine did it, i am going to be looking at mine today as i just dont want to walk places anymore!! But i will look at all the suggestions in this post too annd see if i can find the problem, i will then let you all know!

cheers jack

my cento did this to me this morning, started fine got to work (1/4 mile away) turned off went back 5mins later to go get some milk and just turns over, think its a cam sensor aswell as its not sparking atall... will find out later.
good luck guys :p

Mark

This can happen if the crankshaft sensor is not set to the correct distance from the ship.
I am having a problem because you have to move the sensor in order to replace the fanbelt and I cant reset the sensor to the right clearance - as a result car turns over but won't fire.
Would be interested to hear from anyone who knows how to set this.

Cheers,

H

ChinqSporting said:
my cento did this to me this morning, started fine got to work (1/4 mile away) turned off went back 5mins later to go get some milk and just turns over, think its a cam sensor aswell as its not sparking atall... will find out later.
good luck guys :p

Mark

No cam sensor on a Cinq, could be the crank sensor though.

Cheers

D

Back