Wee challenge for ya all (except Mark)

Currently reading:
Wee challenge for ya all (except Mark)

simon_16vpunto1

Prominent member
As most of you know, come Aprilish, i should be a qualified DIA driving instructor if everything runs smoothly.

I run an insurance quote on how much my Punto (with all mods declared) would be as my driving school car (i.e get dual controls fitted in it and sticker it up etc and use it for lessons).

This is something i am considering doing in a few months after i pass my tests and get a wee bit of experience etc.

How much do you lot think my insurance would be for the Punto for 1 year, used as an instructors car based on doing 20.000 business miles approx? (bearing in mind everyone will be insured on it)

Lets just say when i got the quote back, i was very surprised :shock:
Not saying at the moment whether it was a good or bad quote ;)

Place your bets now. Not you mark ;)

Probably more than the car's worth :lol: You'd be crazy to use that car as a learner motor :shock:

puntomatt said:
Probably more than the car's worth :lol: You'd be crazy to use that car as a learner motor :shock:

why?

Its small, nippy, good on fuel, easy to drive and if you were 17, would you rather want to learn to drive in a Micra/ Corsa, or a modified Punto?

As i say though, ill not know whatrs happening, until it happens

simon_16vpunto said:
puntomatt said:

why?

Its small, nippy, good on fuel, easy to drive and if you were 17, would you rather want to learn to drive in a Micra/ Corsa, or a modified Punto?

As i say though, ill not know whatrs happening, until it happens

It's a good gimmick to learn in a modified anything but at the end of the day the learner won't be paying for their mistakes...you will. I'd hate to buy new/refurb wheels every few months cause there are bits gauged out and trying to color match that paint if there was a wee scrape would be a nightmare.

To be honest if the wheels get scraped etc of the car got a scuff on it, it wouldnt bother me, as the car will be a working car, making me money.
Ill have another car which i can look after properly etc, so the Punto will sort of take 2nd place

Just off the phone with Adrian Flux regarding my insurance which is up at the end of the month. My current insurers wanted £800 for the next twelve months so i told them to get stuffed...

Adrian flux are offering me fully comp with all mods declared at £498 for the year (which once I pay it off month including an interest charge comes to a total of £572 inclusive of insurance premium tax)

So sounds pretty good to me

My insurance is up next month...hopefully get it for under £250. Being on the wrong side of 25 has it's advantages :D

funny you should say that :) i turned 26 today so wonder if my insurance is any better when renewal in febuary comes about haha

EDIT:Just realised that the time is an hour forward on this hehe :)

well my insurance thru Adrian Flux for the Punto as a driving school car is £300 FC :D

lol, you been a naughty boy in the past Darren ;)

The last 2 years have cost me about £350 a piece. I got some quote for this motor and it's down to £250. Strange considering the Bravo is insurance group 5/6 and the alfa a 13/14 (not too sure)...the only thing different between my circumstances is 1 extra year of no claim (taking me to 7)

haha yeah 10 points and a revoked licence naughty :D and im a group 7 on my brava :) so still a bit high a car to be driving hehe but hey its only money :D

tut tut Darren :)

My licence is, and always has been, as clean as a whistle :cool:
I've had 2 big smashes but they were in '99 and '01...so the insurance people don't need to know :lol:

man...you must love that car like a woman :D

With this TPFT you are surely spoiling her (in the fererro roche voice, I dunno how to spell it) :lol:

haha come on you have seen spanky :D surely if you have just spent in the region of 2k on your car you would be willing to pay the 900 for insurance :D but hey get my 1st no claims in 2 weeks :D

I've spent about that last year on the Bravo an I was grudging mine...but then I'm tighter than a ducks arse :D

Having 0 no claims means £900 is quite a reasonable price...I think.

Back