Technical Waze & Bluetooth

Currently reading:
Technical Waze & Bluetooth

mk409

I have a 2020 Mild Hybrid and the Panda Uconnect app with Waze.
Just recently when using waze (and connecting to the radio by Bluetooth) the radio display states 'not available'. This means I do not get the Waze sounds through the radio speakers, which is a disappointment as I'm sure it worked when the car was new. Has anyone else encountered this issue and knows of a fix?

Just use Waze direct, without the uConnect app. So long as the system is set up for bluetooth audio, then any sounds from the phone (Waze directions, but also music, calls, alerts etc) will come through the car. The uConnect app offers very little and is very out of date.

Also, try 'forgetting' your car in the phone's Bluetooth settings, then reconnect it. It seems that the info sometimes gets lost if the phone does a software update.

I've just tried all those options - including unpairing and re-pairing. It'll play audio from YouTube etc but nothing from Waze!

I've just tried all those options - including unpairing and re-pairing. It'll play audio from YouTube etc but nothing from Waze!
That suggests the problem is with the Waze app. Have you set it to ‘mute’ in its settings?

- Three bar menu, top left
- Settings cogwheel
- Voice and sounds
IMG_8104.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8103.jpeg
    IMG_8103.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8102.jpeg
    IMG_8102.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8101.jpeg