Technical Water drain over alternator

Currently reading:
Technical Water drain over alternator

Edgie70

Hi all , I'm going to change the scuttle panel drain hose that's above the alternator on my t jet to a modified one , has anyone fitted one and if so is it an easy job , the hose doesn't feel rigid so I can squash it ... Thanks

yup it's a pretty straightforward job, locating where it goes is the hardest part but it's very accessible and no special tools needed. There's some threads on the forum with pictures, like this one: https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/modified-scuttle-drain.337783/. pinch the new one to get it into place

i need to check mine is still in place actually, as something briefly siezed up the other morning on my car and had a bit of burning rubber smell for a couple of seconds... so it's a good time to be doing this job i think, as it gets wetter and colder!

Thanks , anything on a t jet is normally a pain lol mines having a new alternator on Monday due to the fact it was charging at 18.6v when revved up and it was bringing on all sorts of warning lights , I took the alt belt off and it's ok now , no warning lights apart from the battery light and the engine management light , engine light came on when I put a jump lead from gearbox earth to battery earth to check if it was an earth fault , triggered the engine light , hopefully that can be just reset .

Back