Warranty issue??

Currently reading:
Warranty issue??

S

Stephen

As I plan on keeping the bravo for a few years I was thinking about a k&n panel filter, I can get one from fle bay for approx 40 quid. My question is would this affect the warranty in any way?

PIC_0085-1-2.jpg

You'd have to check the small print on the warranty or ask at a dealer.

That said, K&N do mention that their panel filters don't invalidate warranties somewhere (can't remember where but do remember reading it). Something along the lines of that its OEM sizing requiring no modification to existing air ducting.

I'd argue a panel filter is no different to a normal filter, just instead its re-usable (obviously after a clean :) ).

Check the small print tho.

Longest Serving BOO Member
sig1.jpg

Bravo: Nov 01 80SX / 70,000 miles
Coupe: Feb 97 20V N/A / 134,000 miles

just rang Fiat, no real help!!

will fitting a aftermarket airfilter void my warranty? only if it causes a problem, what sort of a response is that? all i wanted was a yes or no?

it is just a standard thing, all u can say is its s standard airfilter...simple..

ShaunCowhats.gif

Its a 1.4 Chassis, 1.6 Engine and 2.0ltr Brakes and half a Marea :)

Follow My Project
Updated: 27/08/2008

well if you get a problem put the original 1 in it!

if it's not hard to change carry it with u and if the car goes wrong, just change it before getting it towed to Fiat.... it's not like it'll take up a MASSIVE amount of boot space ;)

style5,TommyK.png

signeon-1.jpg

Come Join the 5 pot club! Almost standard Mk1 HGT 75k - 35mpg!! For Sale :(

i was thinking that tommy :) just if it happens when the wife is driving :(

PIC_0085-1-2.jpg

and of course, thats exactly what'd happen

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4
& now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8

Totally agree with tommy.

Chances are they wouldn't even check the airfilter, why would they??

I recently took my car in for some warranty work (quite a large list :( ) and complained about a low power issue. I have, infact, had the car re-mapped but did they notice?? no.