General Warranty direct

Currently reading:
General Warranty direct

Anyone had dealings with these guys?

I am tempted to take a warranty out as after toting up the last 2 months I would of saved 100's of pounds, and with my steering light now making an appearance I am starting to worry alot.

Are you sure you would have saved £100s?

Rule one, it is not a warranty.

Its an insurance policy against mechanical breakdown.

In general, they do not cover wear and tear or investigation of the problem, and they only pay at ICME rates, so any stuck bolts and you are left with a contribution to pay.

Read the small print very carefully before commiting.

Cheers

D

Don't touch warranty companies. They'll blame everything on wear and tear and if you do manage to get past that part expect a battle when it comes to paying out.

For steering read the guides on how to repair the electronics. But it might just be a failing battery or generator not charging.

A service exchange column with 2 years warranty is £180, so dont get dragged into buying new.

I bought Yani's FES for £70 I think it was, and cleared the errors in the steering ECU and that sorted it for my Stilo. My battery died when we had that intense snow fall back in december and thats when the power steering had a "fault".

The fault was only there because I tried to start it not knowing the battery was now dead, then all the relays were just clicking and nothing had enough power. But the fault stays there and keeps the power steering off so it doesn't fry the ECU - even after you get a new battery and even after the "3 clean start-ups" (well it stayed for me anyway). The power steering system is very "voltage critical" and needs a good supply of not too high and not too low (very goldie-locks. lol)

But FES sorted everything and once it got here through the post it didnt take longer than 10 minutes to fix.

Hope you get it sorted one way or another. (y)

Back