Technical Warranty Cover on wiring to rear light over number plate

Currently reading:
Technical Warranty Cover on wiring to rear light over number plate

ButterJ

Help.
My number plate lights have stopped working on the rear of my car. The bulbs are fine. There doesn't seem to be a seperate fuse for these lights so i phoned my local warranty garage to be told that as the car is over 2 year old this would not be covered.
I honestly did not realise that a 3 year warranty was not actually what it states and that you are covered for very little after 2 years. Can anyone please help me.

Seems odd ,I had my high level brake light changed after the second year warranty had run out, with no problems . Try asking them to contact Fiat about it.

Thanks. I might try ringing Fiat Customer Care myself and see what they say.

Third year warranty does not cover wiring, so the garage are correct in warning you that if its a wiring issue it wouldnt be covered, its unlikely to be two lamps failed together so would need investigating, again not covered by third year warranty.
Third year warranty is very good, but certain items are excluded.

No its definately not the bulbs as they have been taken out and checked. It must be an earthing issue. Still annoyed that its not something that is covered though.

No its definately not the bulbs as they have been taken out and checked. It must be an earthing issue. Still annoyed that its not something that is covered though.
Most likely a dry-joint in the lighting assembly which should be cheap enough to sort out if you can use a multi-meter.

I'd be more annoyed about not having warranty on a big item myself.

Back