Technical Warning for Marelli Twinair tuning box users.

Currently reading:
Technical Warning for Marelli Twinair tuning box users.

You put 0000 as the cat info. Or I could give you the password for the account I created.

Thanks, I'll try that. They blocked my account for some reason. I've had no reply from them in 3 weeks. I do know the issue tho ;)

I Have just got home and plugged in the module, There is now the map or a map. Listed at the bottom XXX. but not under fiat in the Database.

Last edited:
Why did they block your account ? you can PM me the reason if you need.

I don't know why my account is blocked. That's what I've been trying to find out for 3 weeks.
The problem with the map is that MM have been trying to fix what they call 'sobbing'.
This is quite a good description of the symptom experienced with the MM module on the TA. I'm surprised you didn't notice it on yours. It's when there is some hesitation in the revs at they rise, particularly noticeable if accelerating hard through the gears. Instead of vroooom you get v-v-v-vr-oo-oom hence the term 'sobbing'
I got my module from DotShop and Mattia was very honest about this issue before I bought the module although I actually unfortunately misunderstood what he mean by 'sobbing'.
He told me they had a new map from MM which minimised the problem but it was still evident - it is : /
Sometimes it's worse than other times. It's eveident more when I've been sat in traffic for a while or when switching regularly fro '0' to '2' position on the remote. In fact the 'sobbing' carries over to '0' position for a little while after switching which is strange.
You didn't notice this 'sobbing'?

Last edited:
I don't know why my account is blocked. That's what I've been trying to find out for 3 weeks.
The problem with the map is that MM have been trying to fix what they call 'sobbing'.
This is quite a good description of the symptom experienced with the MM module on the TA. I'm surprised you didn't notice it on yours. It's when there is some hesitation in the revs at they rise, particularly noticeable if accelerating hard through the gears. Instead of vroooom you get v-v-v-vr-oo-oom hence the term 'sobbing'
I got my module from DotShop and Mattia was very honest about this issue before I bought the module although I actually unfortunately misunderstood what he mean by 'sobbing'.
He told me they had a new map from MM which minimised the problem but it was still evident - it is : /
Sometimes it's worse than other times. It's eveident more when I've been sat in traffic for a while or when switching regularly fro '0' to '2' position on the remote. In fact the 'sobbing' carries over to '0' position for a little while after switching which is strange.
You didn't notice this 'sobbing'?

To be honest i was unsure what button on the remote done what. As i thought button 2 was for a second map, and thought there was only one map available for the twinair. So most the time mine was set to button 1. I only found out after talking to DaMoeKri that button 2 was stage 2 of the map. I will give the XXX map a run using button 2. As my module was reset before i had a good chance to try button 2. After being told about the problem but with out the info you just stated.
So why the hell have MM not once told me the problem ? And dose the newer module still have the same problem ? As that map is not listed in there database.
Are all twinair users being fobbed off and this is why our emails are being ignored. And no real answers from MM ?

To be honest i was unsure what button on the remote done what. As i thought button 2 was for a second map, and thought there was only one map available for the twinair. So most the time mine was set to button 1. I only found out after talking to DaMoeKri that button 2 was stage 2 of the map. I will give the XXX map a run using button 2. As my module was reset before i had a good chance to try button 2. After being told about the problem but with out the info you just stated.
So why the hell have MM not once told me the problem ? And dose the newer module still have the same problem ? As that map is not listed in there database.
Are all twinair users being fobbed off and this is why our emails are being ignored. And no real answers from MM ?
I have the latest module [the 111] version and the latest map and yes the problem still exists. Mattia told me that MM tried to find the solution but its still not 100%. I really can't fault Mattia at Dotshop as he was very straightforward and honest with me [even if if did misunderstand 'sobbing' lol].

Hello Gary,
you can try to fit the following map at your own risk because we removed the 500 twinair from database.

Is the same that you have fitted on it last time.

open the software --> choose the brand 'XXX' and the car 'XXX'.

you will fit the map for your car, this map will be available till moday then we will erase.

Let me know how it work

best regards

Pietro
Since I "emptied" my module some time ago, I thought I should take this last opportunity to program it with a TA85 map, but unfortunately I don't see a TA85 map if I select "FIAT" and "500" in the Elaborazioni software. Did MM make it only available to Gary/Corsasri then?

I didn't have this problem when I used the MM module on my previous 500 (from early 2011)!

Sobbing? I think that describes what I do now I have a useless MM module... (I emptied my module some time ago.)
cry.gif

Guys in the menu where all the makes are listed. Scroll all the way to the bottom and pick the one listed as xxx. The map there is the one I was told to use.

I'm still trying to get them to send me the map via email so I have it as a back up.
Strange question as I never had a problem. But then never knew what the fault was. Do any of you have the 500 in the dualogic version ? Automatic gearbox.
Tomorrow I will give the car a good run about 100 miles.

Guys I have a idea.
My car is the fiat 500 twinair face lift version sport. Dualogic
My partners fiat 500 is a colour therapy in the twinair and with dualogic.
So both cars have the same engine and gearbox. So both cars should be the same as both have a echo sport button on the dash.
Wrong. My car has more omph. And driving at 30 mph her car will be in 5th gear.
Now mine at 30 mph is mostly in 3 rd and 4 at a push but will not stay in 5 even if I put it in 5th.
And both cars are in auto mode so we are not controlling any of the gear changes.
So I'm thinking that the map that fiat are installing is not the same.

Possibly a bit like the problem with the 1.2 version where drivers have problems with hill starts. And fiat are having to remap the car. As the map from factory was to get the car threw the emissions that where set.
So please list your version of your twinair.

choose the brand 'XXX' and the car 'XXX'
I don't see a TA85 map if I select "FIAT" and "500"
:doh: I thought that I had to replace the XXX with the real value, but if I literally select XXX and XXX, then I see the map. I'm sorry for the confusion.

So, I loaded this XXX map into my module. While doing this, I logged all internet communication. In the TCP packets from MM to my computer I found the following:

<ValoreMappa>29000000002F00000000</ValoreMappa>
<ValoreSetting>00000000000000000000</ValoreSetting>

These values are identical to the values of the original TA85 map that I loaded last year. Therefore I think the XXX map is the old map, and not an improved one, but maybe I'm wrong.

My car has more omph. And driving at 30 mph her car will be in 5th gear.
Now mine at 30 mph is mostly in 3 rd and 4 at a push but will not stay in 5 even if I put it in 5th.
And both cars are in auto mode so we are not controlling any of the gear changes.
So I'm thinking that the map that fiat are installing is not the same.
Which map do you mean? Engine or gearbox? You describe a difference in gearshift strategy. Are you sure the eco mode isn't switched on in her car?

When I drove a 2013 500 with TA85 and Dualogic, it would only do 50 km/h (≈31 mph) in 3rd gear in standard (i.e. non eco) mode. Even if I forced it into 4th, it immediately shifted back to 3rd gear. The only way to keep it into 4th gear at 50 km/h was to switch the eco mode on.

Which map do you mean? Engine or gearbox? You describe a difference in gearshift strategy. Are you sure the eco mode isn't switched on in her car?

When I drove a 2013 500 with TA85 and Dualogic, it would only do 50 km/h (≈31 mph) in 3rd gear in standard (i.e. non eco) mode. Even if I forced it into 4th, it immediately shifted back to 3rd gear. The only way to keep it into 4th gear at 50 km/h was to switch the eco mode on.

I'm talking about the engine map. But maybe there is a difference in the gearbox map as well.

Today I drove the car with the map enabled using button 2. I drove 115 miles but could not seem to get any falts to occur as I drove. But if anyone could tell me how to maybe get the fault to occur I could give it a go.

Back