General Wanted: Ignition and Windscreen wiper connectors

Currently reading:
General Wanted: Ignition and Windscreen wiper connectors

RDS

Hello all

I cannot see a dedicated buy/sell/wanted board so am posting here.

Does anyone have the male and female halves of the following for sale please:
Ignition lock wiring connector
Windscreen wiper wiring connector

Thanks in advance

RDS

Last edited:
Many thanks: funnily enough I have posted there before but on the phone screed I could not find the sub-forum!

anyway, ad placed there now.

Moderator: you can delete this thread from here.

Many thanks Portland Bill that looks like a good resource but I was hoping for a UK car that is being parted out to yield the correct connectors as is. cheers RDS

Thanks again, but I am not looking for aftermarket connectors, of which I have many.

To be clear I am looking for the male and female halves of the factory connectors at the ignition switch and windscreen wiper wiring (this one is found in the front trunk cavity.

Saluti

RDS

Very kind of you to post but again, I am only looking for the male and female halves of the original connectors.

Does anyone have a parts car they can raid please?

Very kind of you to post but again, I am only looking for the male and female halves of the original connectors.

Does anyone have a parts car they can raid please?

TE are one of the OE suppliers, as are Bosch and Delphi. There are a couple of others, but I can't think of them right now.

So as not to tie themselves to one supplier, which can cause issues for production at times, vehicle manufacturers a long time ago insisted on standardisation of connectors. Having said that, not all are standard, as there are a few that might be one supplier only, but generally, all of the above are OE suppliers, 'AMP' (TE Connectivity) being the most prevalent.
Because of the universality of them, and numbers produced, most aftermarket suppliers will be supplying from one of the OE manufacturers, as it is not viable to copy them, cost of tooling too much for little return.

So, if you draw a blank with used ones, don't worry about sourcing aftermarket ones. Used ones need the connectors inspecting carefully. As you will see, the internal connectors are available as separate items, but more difficult to source than complete connector kits.

Indeed yes, but all the above is circumvented using by the OEM connectors, which are all that I am advertising for.

It is good that the above information from the kind responders is here in a Technical Post rather than the Want ads.

Last edited:
Hello Scotty Merry Christmas to you and "to all our readers" as they used to say in my comics!!

I purchased your suggested windscreen wiper connector but not had chance to try it yet: it's always raining....

I'm still looking for OEM (ONLY) of ignition switch male and female connector. Anyone have one?

Season's Greetings!

RDS

Hello Scotty Merry Christmas to you and "to all our readers" as they used to say in my comics!!

I purchased your suggested windscreen wiper connector but not had chance to try it yet: it's always raining....

I'm still looking for OEM (ONLY) of ignition switch male and female connector. Anyone have one?

Season's Greetings!

RDS
Still looking? I have one complete unit that I don't have a key for, looks new annoyingly

Still looking? I have one complete unit that I don't have a key for, looks new annoyingly
Hello did you mean the connector (which I managed to source via one of the links above - from which I am very grateful) or the switch/lock?

I took my switch apart and cleaned off the arcing burns; not sure how long that will last but I am removing a lot of the load off the switch using the help on this forum (eg headlamp switch relay conversion etc)

Hello did you mean the connector (which I managed to source via one of the links above - from which I am very grateful) or the switch/lock?

I took my switch apart and cleaned off the arcing burns; not sure how long that will last but I am removing a lot of the load off the switch using the help on this forum (eg headlamp switch relay conversion etc)
Thought you were after this bit..

Attachments

• 16532341152826069409110550861967.jpg
    16532341152826069409110550861967.jpg
    673.3 KB · Views: 26
yes thank you but ideally both ends though; that way I can make a plug in harness for the mod. I did similar with the windscreen wiper connection and it works well.
Ah no sorry, don't have the female connector bit

Back