Vista wireless settings - How to change

Currently reading:
Vista wireless settings - How to change

Hi guys,

some of you may remember the issues my gf had with the wireless networks at her flat at uni. Shes currently having this issue in the flat opposite her old one. But doesnt have issues at home or anywhere else (here).

Now i read somewhere about the acer that changing the channel the wireless adaptor uses will work.

But i dont have vista at home and i do not use vista.So inturn i do not know how to do this.

Can anyone tell me how to change wireless channel on the Adaptor for a Acer Aspire? It uses vista built in program and acers one also.

Any help appreciated

J

edit: thinking abut it in my hurried state i bet ive gotten the router and the adaptor mixed up? right? sorry been of ill so a lil slow today lol

Last edited:
Hi guys,

some of you may remember the issues my gf had with the wireless networks at her flat at uni. Shes currently having this issue in the flat opposite her old one. But doesnt have issues at home or anywhere else (here).

Now i read somewhere about the acer that changing the channel the wireless adaptor uses will work.

But i dont have vista at home and i do not use vista.So inturn i do not know how to do this.

Can anyone tell me how to change wireless channel on the Adaptor for a Acer Aspire? It uses vista built in program and acers one also.

Any help appreciated

J

edit: thinking abut it in my hurried state i bet ive gotten the router and the adaptor mixed up? right? sorry been of ill so a lil slow today lol

I would imagine the channel is changed router end tbh. Is it her own router or a university access point?

You might also have to change the channel at the router end, but for the PC i think it is as follows (doing this from memory so might be slightly different):

• Right Click on "my Computer" and choose Manage
  • Select Device Manager in the Left hand Column
  • Expand the Network Adapters section on the right
  • Double click on the wireless network adapter
  • You should then have a bix open up with multiple tabs,
  • Choose the "Advanced" tab and then look down the property's box on the left, one of these when click on should bring up an option on the right to change channel.
Hope this Helps. :)

Back