very strange problems using Aux input

Currently reading:
very strange problems using Aux input

hello, yesterday i received a Sony CDX-F7750S, i made use of the Aux input and finally got my ps2 hooked up (y)

but its making stange hissing noises, and when i drive i can hear the engine revs!

any ideas?

Cheers,
Ryan Edge

Is the hissing there all the time (ie. when playing CDs) or only when your using your PS2. I've also heared that if your using power inverters this can cause problems with such sensitive equipment?

If it's all the time its interfearance somwhere in the wiring to the head unit as has been said, could also be an earthing fault.

Hope you get it fixed :)

Could it not be noise from the alternator coming through?

Just the when driving you can hear the revs bit know the noise usually increases when its the alt and revs increase.

wozza said:
Could it not be noise from the alternator coming through?

Just the when driving you can hear the revs bit know the noise usually increases when its the alt and revs increase.

yeah thats how it sounds and its only when using the PS2/LCD/AUX input fine on CDs and radio...well radio is okay aslong as the ps2 and lcd are off lol

check your phono cables. i once got the phono cable trapped under the rear seats and cut the outer insulation so the shielding was connecting with the metal of the seats. i had buzzing for weeks until i moved around all the wiring and discovered the cut.

Back