Are Fiats In General Reliable ?

• Yes

Votes: 57 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters

GhettoMoose

Established member
After a MSN conversation with Beau, he was upset I had sold my fiat. I then asked him to explain why, he gave various reasons. One being they are reliable, my instant reaction from personal experiance was "boll0x"

He still insists fiats are reliable in general. Not puttin a specific model of year, just Fiats in general.

I asked him to run a poll so he could see his mistake in insisting they are reliable. Please vote honestly,

GhettoMoose said:
He still insists fiats are reliable in general. Not puttin a specific model of year, just Fiats in general.

I asked him to run a poll so he could see his mistake in insisting they are reliable. Please vote honestly,

This is a generalisation that will prove nothing. Would it be more wise to poll on who thinks THEIR Fiat/s is/are reliable?

I voted yes because (a)my Fiat has been superb & honestly very reliable (b)they are becoming very reliable as in Fiat have 'ironed out' alot of 'known' faults.Lets not forget the scudo & ulysse are not fiats.Fiat are becoming very popular again.....outsold GM in the last 6 months!!! (c)reliable compared to what? a similar priced car...yes I think so.

This will be a very reliable poll :) It's like conducting a "who thinks the conservatives should win?" vote on a tory website :)

150: Citroën Xsara
151: Peugeot 206
152: Renault Mégane (Nov '02 on)
153: Rover 25
154: Fiat Stilo
155: Mercedes M-Class
156: Renault Laguna
157: Renault Espace
158: Peugeot 307
159: Peugeot 807

I've voted yes coming up to 3 years ownership and no problems(y) Lets see what happens after warranty.

Steve

IME theyre as reliable as any other car really...with the exception of any VW between 1980 and 2000 - they just run Forever.

However, it you play with the car (mod it)...it will become unreliable very quickly, thats the rule and it applies to any car...

From experience personally and from working in a Fiat dealer the more 'stuff' on a car means more chance of something going wrong. Some cars/engines have common faults inherent of cost cutting somewhere during production.

The point also is true that a properly maintained vehicle is a MORE reliable vehicle - it doesn't help when Fiat/Alfa have a poor dealer network.

Well I've had to take 2 Fiats to be fixed in the last fortnight... Let's hope the third one doesn't encounter any problems! :eek:
I'd also like to point out that Beau is obviously very experienced in Fiat ownership... ;)
H

Most cars, if looked after, will give little or no trouble :)

I am pretty shocked by this poll tbh,

Suppose personal experiance is the best, which beau has none off.

in the 3 fiats ive owned all have had big problems, and same to occur same problems.

Lot of old cars are on the road pandas etc, but they do have to be repaird.

where as old school fiestas / novas can run for similar time with considerably less repairs.

Back