very noisy 500s

Currently reading:
very noisy 500s

kencharlton

Hi ALL, this is my first post, I've just bought my son a Fiat 500s ( 17 plate) , lovely little motor, my only thoughts are that it is very noisy , wind and road at 65 plus MPH, is this normal?
Is there anything you can recommend to reduce the noise please. Its a little too noisy if you were covering long distances .
cheers ken

Hi ALL, this is my first post, I've just bought my son a Fiat 500s ( 17 plate) , lovely little motor, my only thoughts are that it is very noisy , wind and road at 65 plus MPH, is this normal?
Is there anything you can recommend to reduce the noise please. Its a little too noisy if you were covering long distances .
cheers ken

Hi. Road noise is commonly reported..as the chassis was designed with 155/13 tyres in mind(panda ECO)... NOT the 185 width on the 500.

Exhust will not help..as it will need carbon to build.up before it settles into a normal range.

cheers ken

Personally if I had longer journeys in mind.. Wouldve bought a 6 speed diesel.

Last edited:
The OP bought a new 1242cc car that isn't as good at speed/over extended periods as they had hoped.

Just happens to be a 500.

They couldve got a more competent .more modèrn. car for similar money....

Much of the 500 is 10 years old...
Some circa 2003..and a few modern touches..

Even my inlaws KIA is better on open roads.
Cheaper with a proper warranty.

My wife has a 1ltr Corsa Turbo , its awesome. long distance not a problem, just set cruise and goes like stink with good MPG. Definitely a keeper.

Back