Currently reading:
Very Important Poll

Are Fiats In General Reliable ?

• Yes

Votes: 57 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters
Ive voted YES as ive owned 3 fiats personally and apart from 1, my first a 94 punto 55s - which had various faults! My next punto a 2000 reg mk2 never had a single problem at all and now my stilo has not a a single problem (maybe a few niggles - steering rack recall, but thats it!) I mean every car has minor niggles and i am very happy with the valve for money i get with my fiats! Also im my family my mother has had a 2001 reg punto which my sister now has a that has never had a single fault (good old reliable 1242 8v fire engine's :) ) and she now has a 04 reg fiat stilo 1242 16v which has only had 1minnor niggle with the deadlock gettin stuck on the passengers side door! Apart from that it has ran like a beauty! Also before my sister brought my mums punto off her, she had 1.0L uno - which she owned for about 3years and ran fault free... other all with owned quit a few fiats and are very happy with them! :D

sammiboo said:
I had problems with mine and they were never thrashed!
did you know the previous owner though?

and my sister's punto has been fine and the previous owner to her who had owned it for 4 years or so had obviously thrashed it- i will never forget when he took us out for a drive in it- **** me he floored it and went so fast! lol

uno_94 said:
did you know the previous owner though?

Whats that got to do with it :confused:

Punto: one owner full reciepts... was a crapper of a car bought from a garage

1st bravo: Cambelt went within 4 months... one owner full reciepts and warrenty

Coupe was bought from a good coupe owner!!

Hs coupe has lots of things go wrong, he has had for 3 years... he is a good owner

Many people have cars from new and loads go wrong, so your pervious owner statement means nothing.

I voted yes, because in the 2 1/2 months i've had my Punto, the only problems were parts that need to be replaced anyway, like suspension bushes, various gaskets etc...

My dad had a Tempra many years ago (bought new) and the only thing that went wrong was the head gasket went, and he only got rid of it because after the head gasket went, the car never felt the same because the garage did some of the work wrong.

EDIT - Also, my sister has a mk2 punto, and she's had a mk1 punto... no real problems, only the basic things that need replacing. Trying to get my mum to buy a Fiat but she says she's happy with her Japanese box on wheels :yuck:

Last edited:
well, ive owned over 25 fiats:eek: . some unreliable no matter how they are looked after, and some that run like clockwork. but i always say, a car's reliability is based on its last service. mostly true, but sometimes odd things happen on italian cars for no reason. things like brake pedal brings head lights on etc.:D .
modular electrics have improved the inner workings of modern cars and in this respect, the common italian electrical myth is mostly history. but one thing crops up time after time on all fiats fitted with it, hydraulic clutch slave cylinder leaking, causing a dead pedal unless you yank the pedal up. fiat have used several types, yet they still are not totally reliable. besides that, pretty much as good as other makes.:)

dave said:
i disagree, spend the day at a brakers and see what parts are asked for an sold, its considerably more fords n vaxhauls than fiat that need bits
But they sold loads more Fords and Vauxhalls than they did Fiats! :)
H

sumplug said:
...one thing crops up time after time on all fiats fitted with it, hydraulic clutch slave cylinder leaking, causing a dead pedal unless you yank the pedal up.
Yup, had that on my Coupe! After bringing the Coupe back from the garage today (for the third time in 6 months!), the bill came to £150, and the mechanic commented, "that must be the cheapest bill you've ever had!". I think he's right. :(
H

uno_94 said:
and a coupe? well obviously needs loads of money spending on it lol

Depends, mine cost me between 2-3k in 8 months to repair. Some people hardly need to spend on theirs.

H bought a new radiator 18 months ago, it has hardly been used and it cracked.

I really dont understand why you are defending something you havent got a clue about?!

I still like the cars thats why i have owned only fiats, but I am being realistic here.

Back