Technical Vents only blow warm air

Currently reading:
Technical Vents only blow warm air

will0407

With winter coming in, you'd think that the vents only blowing warm air isn't such a bad thing! But it's still annoying me. It's only started recently....

I know having the climate control on the lowest standard setting of 16 degrees isn't meant to be cold, maybe just about cool at best especially with the outside temperatures, but it seems to be blowing warm all the time. if i turn it up, it get hotter, which is great, but I can 100% say the temperature it blows at when it's on 16 degrees is warmer than it was during the Summer!

I also think the gas canister (or whatever it is) needs replacing as when I press the air con button (snowflake) the air isn't as cold as it used to be (I know I sound like an old fart moaning about how everything used to be!).

Could the two be linked? And how much does it cost to get the air con gas/liquid stuff changed?

With winter coming in, you'd think that the vents only blowing warm air isn't such a bad thing! But it's still annoying me. It's only started recently....

I know having the climate control on the lowest standard setting of 16 degrees isn't meant to be cold, maybe just about cool at best especially with the outside temperatures, but it seems to be blowing warm all the time. if i turn it up, it get hotter, which is great, but I can 100% say the temperature it blows at when it's on 16 degrees is warmer than it was during the Summer!

I also think the gas canister (or whatever it is) needs replacing as when I press the air con button (snowflake) the air isn't as cold as it used to be (I know I sound like an old fart moaning about how everything used to be!).

Could the two be linked? And how much does it cost to get the air con gas/liquid stuff changed?

Have you tried leaving it for 5 or 10 minutes to see what it does?

When I get in mine on days like today when it isn't cold but not that warm and have it set to 16 degrees it blows hot for a short while (say 5 minutes) but then will balance out. It is as though it wants to heat the car as quickly as possibly to then cool it down again.

I have read threads though where people can have issues with climate control but don't know much about it personally as (touch wood) mine is problem free for now.

Try getting your air con re-gassed. It is only £30-40 and works wonders. A decent garage will check for leaks etc as well. I used Halfords Autocentres (reluctantly at first but they are closest to where I work) and they were brilliant. However if you use them don't pay their high list prices! There is always room for discounts of about 50%.

Last edited:
I'll give it a go later. To be fair, it did seem a bit cooler when I put my had against the vent after a while (I never have it blasting out!).

Thanks for the reply :)

I had the same problem last year, and the cause was damadged front AC cooling unit, which was washed by a pressure washer by a previous owner. The AC cooling unit in front of the cooler of the car had almost no aluminium ribs inside of it. You can check it by kneeling in front of a car with a battery and check the front AC unit, it is a bit smaller than the engine cooling unit behind it. If it is damadged the AC will not work as it should as the ribs that tkae care of dispersing the heat are gone. It cand get goles also from stones from the road.

Back