General v reg fiat brava

Currently reading:
General v reg fiat brava

chris39

hi all new here and can anyone help i have the fiat brava 1.2 v reg
and if the car is moving freely say in neutral revs will pick up faster the car rolls higher the revs get but soon as car comes to a stop revs drop and ticks over fine can anyone shed some light:bang:

hi all new here and can anyone help i have the fiat brava 1.2 v reg
and if the car is moving freely say in neutral revs will pick up faster the car rolls higher the revs get but soon as car comes to a stop revs drop and ticks over fine can anyone shed some light:bang:

welcome to fiat forum :). your question is confusing me! try again. :confused:

If i am driving in neutral the revs pick up. the faster the car goes the higher the revs get on the rev counter. As soon the car comes to a stop the rev counter goes down to zero. Could anyone shed some light on why its over revving.

If i am driving in neutral the revs pick up. the faster the car goes the higher the revs get on the rev counter. As soon the car comes to a stop the rev counter goes down to zero. Could anyone shed some light on why its over revving.

cheers for explaining again, im not 100% sure. it could be a sensor or the clutch or gearbox not sending the correct info. i know your car is a brava but in the stilo guide- cleaning your inlet control valve could be a cheap fix which works because the butterfly valve can be sticky & can have problems opening & closing smoothly if its dirty. when you accelerate it opens the valve, closes when deccelerate. yours is a v reg & its probley never been cleaned?, if it has 1? you should have a look to see if your car has a similar control valve & give it a try! let me know if that helps. good luck :)

hi and thanks for that. but thinks its the throttle position senser thats faulty.thanks anyways

hi peps dose anyone no the symptoms of a fulty crank sensor.

Back