Technical Utlra racing strut braces

Currently reading:
Technical Utlra racing strut braces

has anyone try them?? i found them on the Ebay.com (not uk).they come from malaysia, and they do a whole range of braces for differant cars and alot more for the stilo than omp do? i was looking at the front sub-frame lower 4 point one and a lower rear one, and they said that they could deliver them both for $265 ( about £160? ) which i thought was pretty good? unless there crap that is??

I have the lower braces on my jtd. they do make a difference. you can feel the steering loading the tyres and making them work harder. The car is more responsive to steering input as well and it makes the car feel tighter as the forces when turning are distributed more evenly through the car. You can also feel the rear on the verge of stepping out as well/

The only downside is that the front one hangs down under the car and with my lowered suspension sits 75mm above the ground at the bolt points. Only have issues when going over the really small steep sided speed bumps.

Have a look on Automac's website and call them to see if they still deal with Ultra. Take about 8 weeks to get here by ship!

I have the lower braces on my jtd. they do make a difference. you can feel the steering loading the tyres and making them work harder. The car is more responsive to steering input as well and it makes the car feel tighter as the forces when turning are distributed more evenly through the car. You can also feel the rear on the verge of stepping out as well/

The only downside is that the front one hangs down under the car and with my lowered suspension sits 75mm above the ground at the bolt points. Only have issues when going over the really small steep sided speed bumps.

Have a look on Automac's website and call them to see if they still deal with Ultra. Take about 8 weeks to get here by ship!

:yeahthat:

I have all four UR braces on my Schumi. The fourth one (not listed under Stilo on the UR website) is the upper rear. There's an upper rear listed for the new Bravo, so I took a gamble that as the Bravo and Stilo are built on the same platform, it would fit...and it did!

http://www.ultraracing.my/Bars.asp?ID=3626

It attaches direct to the body shell via the bolts that hold the rear seat brackets, which also means less intrusion into the boot area, and no need to cut holes in the boot lining.

Other upper rear braces are best avoided as they are attached to the rubber mounts on top of the rear dampers and so completely useless as 'braces'!

I believe Automac now ship by air, so hopefully delivery is now a bit quicker.

thanks guys, phil, i remember looking at yours at brooklands? where did you get yours from? i've checked Automac but they only seem to list the front upper one?

ratty - how bad does the front lower one scrub? mines been dropped quite a bit? its not in the weeds but its low?

Attachments

• 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
Mine's 'only' lowered by the Eibachs fitted by Prodrive, so adding the brace has had no ill effects at all. Don't take any notice of what's on the Automac listing. Just go onto the UR main Malaysian website, get the part numbers you want, then ask Automac to quote you for what you need.

You can have a good crawl around under my car when we have our photoshoot if you like...

Last edited:
Its only scraped twice on the really small but steep sided speed bumps. it is fine down the bumpy country roads i blast down in the trek to work. My car sits about the same as you but i will be posting some pics up soon so will take a pic under the car.

The scrape is a small price to pay.

Back