Technical urgent help with new stereo

Currently reading:
Technical urgent help with new stereo

Hey ive just bought an after market cd player to go into my stilo, ive removed the old one and have started to but the new one in. I connected all the cables but it didn't work. The car has two connectors, a black one and a white one, the black one i think is the speakers and the white one(which only has four wires going to it) is for the power. These two connectors plug into an connector that came with the stero (i think its called an ISO connector) this then as a single connector which plugs into the stero, so turning the twon car connectors into one to go into the stereo. After comparing the white connector from the car to where it plugs into the ISO connector it appears all of the wies dont match up, is there any way i can unplug some of the wires and plug them into a different slot so they match up? and does any one know what each of the four wires connecting to the car connector are for, there are tw thick onee, one is black the other is red then two wires which are two stripey colours?

any help will be greatly appreciated,

cheers.

red is permanent +12v, black is ground, the other two (pink / white and Pink / black) are can bus wires.
You need an extra +12v wire switched by your ignition switch on pin 4 of this connector.
This will make an aftermarket radio work , the original Stilo radio is switched on with a CAN-signal.

hey, ive tried connecting a red to a yellow, and yellow to red on the ISO, but it still hasn't worked. After looking at the white connector from the car and the slot is goes into on the ISO the ISO only matches up with the red and black wire, is this right? looking in the stereo book that came with my car yeh the 4th slot (as detailed on their little diagram) is detailed 'connection to +12v switching on voltage (at car starting) so do in need one of the pins from the ISO to match up with this? if so which wire and how do i move them around as so to put one of the pins in a different slot?

Orange wire from the ignition barrel is switched live. Remove the undertray of the steering column to get to it. The OEM stereo communicates directly to CAN. Don't fiddle too much with the wires if you don't know what you are doing. The Stilo electrical system is delicate.

Hi Stuart,

I don't suppose the stereo you removed was an original Fiat single slot Radio CD player was it? If so, is it working and would you be interested in selling it?

Cheers,
Steve

hey steve,

it is an original fiat stereo, but its the cassette player, not a cd player thats why im changing it, i wish i did have the cd player so i wouldn't have to go through all this trouble. i think it will need a code to re activate and i was hopeing to keep it to put back i when i come to sell the car, sorry.

hey steve,

it is an original fiat stereo, but its the cassette player, not a cd player thats why im changing it, i wish i did have the cd player so i wouldn't have to go through all this trouble. i think it will need a code to re activate and i was hopeing to keep it to put back i when i come to sell the car, sorry.

OK, cheers Stuart. I'm on the lookout for a CD player as I've got the cassette player like you. My car's a 2005 model and I'm amazed any manufacturer was still fitting cassette players at that time.

I don't want the hassle you're going through and want to keep the dash looking original! Good luck with your fit.

yeh, mines only a 2002 plate and i was quite surprised too, i was like its got reverse sensors and autmatic lights but not a cd player, i wud have preffered the cd player but never mind. Yeh when i do manage to get my new one in im hoping to make a guide show ing how i did mind, try and make it an little easyier for others. happy hunting

el rojo es permanente +12v, el negro es tierra, los otros dos (rosa/blanco y rosa/negro) son cables de bus can.
Necesita un cable de +12 V adicional conmutado por el interruptor de encendido en el pin 4 de este conector.
Esto hará que funcione una radio no original, la radio Stilo original se enciende con una señal CAN.
Hola, en mi radio original también viene el conector con esos dos cables rosas, he comprado una radio Android, ¿dónde se conecta al cableado ISO CanBus de la Radio Android?

Back