General Uno Window rubber.

Currently reading:
General Uno Window rubber.

gholian

Hi,

On the Fiat Uno the window sweeps on the outside of door. Rubber strip between door and window. The problem with these is the rubber shrinks over time leaving a gap at each end of the door. I have searched for old posts relating to this. Some say this causes more water to go down doors causing the door bottoms to rust faster.

On one post it says the Uno window sweeps are the same as used on the Cinquecento. Wonder could anyone confirm this. I think on the same post it also says it is possible to swap the ones on the inside of the door which don't shrink as badly with the one on the outside. I had a look on ebay Italy and I see one's for the Uno but it says they are for the inside of the door only. I was wondering could anyone confirm if the window sweeps on the inside of the door are the same as the ones on the outside. Looking for these for a two door Uno and would anyone know the part number for these.
Thanks.

Hi,

On the Fiat Uno the window sweeps on the outside of door. Rubber strip between door and window. The problem with these is the rubber shrinks over time leaving a gap at each end of the door. I have searched for old posts relating to this. Some say this causes more water to go down doors causing the door bottoms to rust faster.

On one post it says the Uno window sweeps are the same as used on the Cinquecento. Wonder could anyone confirm this. I think on the same post it also says it is possible to swap the ones on the inside of the door which don't shrink as badly with the one on the outside. I had a look on ebay Italy and I see one's for the Uno but it says they are for the inside of the door only. I was wondering could anyone confirm if the window sweeps on the inside of the door are the same as the ones on the outside. Looking for these for a two door Uno and would anyone know the part number for these.
Thanks.

hi, no idea,
maybe look at the parts on ePER to check the part numbers..??,
Charlie

I have had the same problem , also considered swopping the inside strip with the outside , BUT , the outside strip has an extra lip that the inside strip does'nt so i considered it a no go.
Can get a universal strip which is sold in a metre length which one can then cut to length but it has a steel rail and special clips, (supplied) but it looks like a tight squeeze compared to the std Uno unit. Upside , it's relatively cheap.

Thanks Guys for your replies. Sorry for the delay in replying, Have it set up with "instant email notification" but it is not doing it for some reason.

Anyway have been trialling through ebay in Italy and doing searches on the net. I am having trouble with the part number for the outer window sweep for two door Uno. Checked the ePER on this site. I got two numbers.

7510479 - DS
7510480 - SN

Think these are for the two door Uno. What does DS and SN mean is that left and right door.

Thanks.

Been looking at the ePER on this site again and I think I see the ones for the 3 door Uno. Numbers are below. I done a search on these numbers and all the sites say for 89- 95 Uno which is the Mk2. Are the doors on the Mk1 and Mk2 Uno not the same? It's a long time since I have seen a MK2. I know the latch for opening the door on the inside is in a different position than on the MK1 but taught aside from that the doors were the same.

Thanks.

7556907 - DS
7556908 - SN

Back