Technical Uno Turbo oil temp and pressure sensors fault

Currently reading:
Technical Uno Turbo oil temp and pressure sensors fault

Millovanillo

Hi all,

first post so... would like to introduce myself but, on head of it, let me say this forum is veeeery nice.
I'm looking for Fiat UNO forums on the web and I faced this one that's very well done not just on my car, but on all Fiat models. Really a cool forum...

Now me...
I'm Marco, from Turin, Italy. Owner of a Fiat UNO 1.4 SX i.e. since 1992 (sole owner), shiraz red, 5 doors, a bit modified and right now object of light facelifting and some upgrade, as I left it sleeeping for the last 6 years...

I've got a (probably) silly question about one problem I'm currently facing.
I'm installing the Turbo instrument panel into my dashboard.
Everything is going well except the oil temp and pressure (yes....I have both sensors installed), that doesn't give any consistent value, when ignite the car.
I mean... turn on the engine and I see the two hands moving up a bit, but neither oil nor the temp gauges show a logical value.
Oil temp gauge shows less than 60°C (the minimum) even after 20 mins running.
Oil pressure shows around 1 Bar at minimum. Is that normal? Shouldn't be something like 4 Bar?
I suspect the two sensors are gone bananas but I would like to check the two gauges as well.

So I have two questions....
Is there any checking procedure for the oil and pressure sensors I can do to check them?
Does anybody have the idea about how big are the voltage signals coming from these two sensors?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards
Marco

You could check the sensor wiring by shorting the oil temperature sensor cable to earth, it should max out the gauge. Both sensors are connected to earth so it should be an easy check.

Oil pressure sensor is located on the front left of the engine (the metal barrel screwed in the block). The oil temperature sensor is located in the thermostat housing under the oil filter.

Good luck!

Back