General unknown parts found

Currently reading:
General unknown parts found

Sunny Funny

I was lubricating my windows today and found some parts in the bottom of my doors. Anybody knows where they belong and if I could leave them out ? on each side lingering around were 3 rubber pieces and in my lefthand door was a nut see pic.
One more question, to adjust the window, the manual has an option to loosen bolts C, this is the slider. Can you adjust only the aft slider and not the front (wich is attached with 3 bolts), or will that give strain on the mechanism?

Attachments

• DSC05792.JPG
    DSC05792.JPG
    441 KB · Views: 56
I don't recognise the plastic pieces but I guess that nut could come from a few places. I think there's one about that size and colour that's used to attach the ECU to the bodywork (at least I think it's the ECU - it's a metallic box about the size of a DVD case with wires going in and out!). It's down in the passenger footwell and I think to get to it you need to take the interior plastic body panel off - the one which covers the woofer down at the passenger's feet. I think I may also have seen a nut used like that to attach the aerial - have a look in the boot and see if it's all looking good around that area.

I took my interior apart a few weeks ago to rewire a new sound system. Took off the central console screws at the bottom, the handbrake cover, the central cubby box and the all the footwell plastic so I could run the wires. All went well, except I now have about 5 screws left over :confused: so I know how it feels to have random parts lying about!

Hi, I found one of these same rubber pieces in the bottom of one of my doors, I couldn't find a plae to fit it either though.

Hugh

Hi Hugh, welcome to the forum (I know that you joined up a couple of years ago but I see this is your first posting!)..........tell us a bit about your b??

I wonder if the rubber thing's are something to do with shipping. I used to work for Leyland-DAF as a mechanic when I was much younger, before shipping a truck to a new owner we used to have to do a PDI (pre delivery inspection) which involved removing lots of bits of plastic and rubber temporarily put in place to hold components in place during storage/shipping.

except for the nut (which probably fell out of the lock or something) could these things be "placeholders" used when they assembled the window sliders mechanism?

if they are part of something, they should appear on eper... anyone fancies an eper search?

Found it, they (the rubber bits) fit on the ends of the window sliders.The white plastic bits that connect the window to the rails. On the top and bottom. They act as bumbers.

Those are the piccies where I found my answer. Had to order 3 off these sliders:cry:
So some work ahead, get out the windows for new sliders. At least I should be able ot adjust the windows then. Also will put the bumbers back in (y)

See rnrollie's reply in this thread, the link shows you a manual how to fix'em. The parts come from Holland, if you're in Holland on 30th march there's a workshop on doing this job.....just to let you know. But still will take piccies, anything you want to see particular:idea:

Sorry to be hijacking your thread, but how on earth does one remove part #15? It seems I removed my door cover without removing that one, and now I can't get the cover back on :eek:

Attachments

• Door.jpg
    Door.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 67
I was just reading through the guide again as I can't fix it now due to its starting to snow heavily :confused::eek:, and I noticed this:

Step 1: Fully open the window, you need to do this as the door must be locked for part of this process (the central locking system will not lock unless the doors are shut).

I haven't got central locking, but I can't lock the door unless it's shut. Anybody else with this "feature"? :confused:

Back