General Undertray and side bits!!!!!

Currently reading:
General Undertray and side bits!!!!!

Muppet1

Springer Mad!!
Well i have smashed off the undertray and most of the 2 side plastic bits as well now as have been driving over a lot of rough ground, Would anyboby have a idea how much these will cost from fiat.

Im not too bothered about replacing them but as i do have the cone filter it would be a wise move, or i could get a alloy one made up i guess.

Well i have smashed off the undertray and most of the 2 side plastic bits as well now as have been driving over a lot of rough ground, Would anyboby have a idea how much these will cost from fiat.

Im not too bothered about replacing them but as i do have the cone filter it would be a wise move, or i could get a alloy one made up i guess.

I'd kill for an aluminium undertray. My friend with his Alfa 156 has got one. Jealous again...

I too have a cone filter and the undertray is a must for Norwegian climate.

One of them aftermarket, boy/girl racer filters, that acts like a straw through puddles and suckes water into the engine from what I've seen on here :p

A deep puddle then. At least 35 cm or so... The OEM airbox is actually lower - and it isn't very tight either. :p

But without the undertray I'd not recommend a cone filter as it might splash a bit there. With the undertray it is dry as Sahara - and believe me, it has been tested.

A deep puddle then. At least 35 cm or so... The OEM airbox is actually lower - and it isn't very tight either. :p
The oem air-box should survive total immersion (unless it gets smashed to bits on rocks or whatever).

You should be good for at least 45cm and possibly as high as 60cm (air-intake height).

Either way it will be dodgy without an undertray due to easy access of water to the engine :(

i could get a alloy one made up i guess.

The centre bit's missing on mine as well. I wasn't bothered about it till I read the rest of this thread. Might be time to take some tin snips to an old washing machine...

The center section is in the region off 110 +vat :eek: as it was as haggle point when buying the MW. Our sides were (mostly) intact and just needed some reinfocing of the fixing holes, so can't offer a price for them...

Drivers side cost me about 40 quid from the dealer when I holed mine on the JTD.

JTD on standard airbox also survived a run through a Fjord down a single track road down Wales no problems... even though the guy behind in his Landy took one look at it and started to back up!

Back