Styling Under Bonnet Rennovations.

Currently reading:
Styling Under Bonnet Rennovations.

Phew! Lets hope :p.

Hehe. No point doing everything, if you're never going to see it. ;).

The black VHT paint i have, can stand up to 650C.

Well the silver and blue looked the nuts. I'm going to do something similar I got it in my head now.

Red top to match the car, black block, black mounts, silver manifold.

Going to get the stuff today.

Couldn't agree more :p.

The silver / blue supports are fine with that other paint. Don't seem to get hot at all. The top of the rocker seems alright, but where there is that black plastic at the back of it, the paints come off. So will probably end up taking that blue paint off and replacing with some blue high temp stuff.

The bottom half of the block, where the manifold joins to it.. I will be taking that off and painting it with the blue high temp.

I will then be spraying the bulk of the manifold black, but giving it a covering of silver at the top where you can see it.

Going to make a stencil, and once the paint of the rocker has been done with the high temp paint and is hard.. will paint on using either silver or black spray one of the following.

Punto MK2
Punto
Fiat Punto
Fiat
The Punto-nator (Probably not :p)
The fiat logo, either the four lines or the block ones where each letter is indside a slanted square.

The paint is coming off easier when its slightly warm, so am thinking I might buy a cheap £5 portable hoover to suck up the dust as I do it. As the front part of the block is covered in paint dust. No great.
Few drips of paint on the oil filter, but hopefully it'll do for 6 months till I change the oil again.

Quick question: Do I need to make sure I get all the paint off.. or can I get the majority off so its only little pieces left in some places and then spray ?

Because I was so damn thorough with the brushing.. I have lots of burnt paint I can't reach very well. Might have to jack the car up and get under and just srape the crap off.

---

Anyway.. definately paint it. It looks soooooo much better. :p.

Couldn't agree more :p.

The silver / blue supports are fine with that other paint. Don't seem to get hot at all. The top of the rocker seems alright, but where there is that black plastic at the back of it, the paints come off. So will probably end up taking that blue paint off and replacing with some blue high temp stuff.

The bottom half of the block, where the manifold joins to it.. I will be taking that off and painting it with the blue high temp.

I will then be spraying the bulk of the manifold black, but giving it a covering of silver at the top where you can see it.

Going to make a stencil, and once the paint of the rocker has been done with the high temp paint and is hard.. will paint on using either silver or black spray one of the following.

Punto MK2
Punto
Fiat Punto
Fiat
The Punto-nator (Probably not :p)
The fiat logo, either the four lines or the block ones where each letter is indside a slanted square.

The paint is coming off easier when its slightly warm, so am thinking I might buy a cheap £5 portable hoover to suck up the dust as I do it. As the front part of the block is covered in paint dust. No great.
Few drips of paint on the oil filter, but hopefully it'll do for 6 months till I change the oil again.

Quick question: Do I need to make sure I get all the paint off.. or can I get the majority off so its only little pieces left in some places and then spray ?

Because I was so damn thorough with the brushing.. I have lots of burnt paint I can't reach very well. Might have to jack the car up and get under and just srape the crap off.

---

Anyway.. definately paint it. It looks soooooo much better. :p.

all off or it will leave patches when you paint over high bits and low bits, i done mine now needs another coat tmoz cba doin another today lol done mine red and black mate(y) heres a tip take off all the dirt and oil before painting overwise it just doesnt sstick lol

btw will 300 C paint be enuf to paint manifold wiht??

Alright. Looks like its a week of hard work for me. Gah... Damn my thorough painting!

Uhm, not sure tbh. I've got some 600C to be safe. But apparantly they get very very hot..
Could try it, in a small patch on the top to see if it goes burnt after a drive. If it does, at least its easy to get off ;).

heres mine, the black needs a second coat to make it an even texture but here we go:

what colour shoulld i do the manifold???

should i do it red or black, i think black will blend in too much with the engine block.

BTW for some reason my red looks orange on these pics i take on my phone lol its a proper red in real life and blends with the black perfect.

Last edited:
if i'm spraying the manifold i presume i use a wire brush to remove the rust/dirt on it the primer it and spray it as i would a piece of bodywork?

Yes, or you could just try with the normal paint but it may bubble and flake off. What temperature is it resistant to? I'd say you need it to be resistant up to 800 degrees at least

I've Just Recently Done My Manifold (lost the heat shield some months back)
And the Sump

Tackeled them with a wire brush attachement on a drill to get worst off (Not going Mad on the Sump tho)

Got Some Loctite rust Solution and treated them, and then wacked some halfords UHT Black Matt Paint

the Manifold Looks Okay But not best, but its better then it rusting
the sump is looking better, its just to stop it rusting more before the winter road rubbish attacks it

UHT Stinks bad first when it starts to bake on

I've currently just started to Brush my engine Mount and might leave it brushed (ie Bright Looking) As it looks okay :)

Dont know if i should paint it - if so what

Ziggy

The engine block will be fine with polyeurethane paint or Hammerite.

Manifolds will look OK for a while, but the rust is impossible to shift 100% so it soon bubbles through the VHT paint. I've it tried on bike pipes after shot blasting and they still rusted.

The engine block will be fine with polyeurethane paint or Hammerite.

Manifolds will look OK for a while, but the rust is impossible to shift 100% so it soon bubbles through the VHT paint. I've it tried on bike pipes after shot blasting and they still rusted.

I know what you mean, i had some rust on the battery bar, i just painted it over to mask it, but it soon came back, this time i've wired it clean, treated it, and then painted it with UHT/VHT Paint

Same on the manifold / sump

Hopefully the rust Killer should "hinder" them coming back soon

ziggy

Back