Technical Random wire hanging out under headlamp?

Currently reading:
Technical Random wire hanging out under headlamp?

lowaaa

Hi there, got a fiat punto mk2 2004 8v.

Noticed a wire a few months back when I was changing my lightbulbs out, can't seem to see the same hanging wire on the right hand passenger side section. Anyone got a clue what this would connect to?

I didn't disconnect anything. Its in front of the front wheel driver side.

img01.jpg
img02.jpg
img03.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, could be an optional extra that someones removed. Maybe an alarm. Did you check the connectors to see if they're live or not? Since it's exposed I'd insulate it to prevent water contact if they are live.

I've never seen a wire like that so it could be an aftermarket part someones fitted then removed. Last time I saw a connector anywhere near that was for an AC sensor but its likely not that

Looks like you'll just have to live with it and think about what it would've been hooked up to :bang:

Hmm, could be an optional extra that someones removed. Maybe an alarm. Did you check the connectors to see if they're live or not? Since it's exposed I'd insulate it to prevent water contact if they are live.

I've never seen a wire like that so it could be an aftermarket part someones fitted then removed. Last time I saw a connector anywhere near that was for an AC sensor but its likely not that

Looks like you'll just have to live with it and think about what it would've been hooked up to :bang:
Yeah I'll check if its live, don't know why I didn't in the first place :(

I'll also properly check by removing the bumper / the wheel arch to make sure theres definitely no place I can connect it into. Bit strange though, what would someone of put in there as an aftermarket item :s

Thanks! :)

Most likely an alarm siren or something since its one side only and it's a three pin.

If you're willing, could trace it back and find out where its going to however I'd just properly insulate it, tuck it away safe and worry less :)

Back