Technical Ulysse 98 petrol cutting out

Currently reading:
Technical Ulysse 98 petrol cutting out

Hoffmann

My Fiat Ulysse 1998, petrol, manual, 2.0 kept cutting out at traffic lights, junctions etc. It has been to a local garage twice but has been returned without being able to use diagnostics on it.
I obtained from Lithuania another throttle body as suggested by the garage which was fitted and still the same problem with starting and cutting out.
The AA said it was a vacuum problem. I can't continue to call them out with the same problem even though I have acted upon their advice.
Is there anyone out there who knows how to cure this fault or can sell to me another (good) Ulysse?

Hello and thanks for responding!
It struggles to start, cuts out at junctions, traffic lights. Garage replaced the throttle body which I got from Lithuania but same problem. Diagnostic tools do not respond.
Garage returned vehicle, did not charge but scratching their heads....
It does idle but stalls.
Any suggestions?

Dean at Small Car Services in Upham, Hampshire achieved what others failed to do...he got my Ulysse running again!
The AA towed me to his garage (there was no spark) and Dean found that the coupler by the fuse box was corroded.
It still stutters for the first thirty seconds or so but it runs well after a good rev. Been to Northampton and back without the previous cutting out and it starts first time.
Great service from Dean who knows all about Fiats. Would highly recommend.

Back