General tyres

Currently reading:
General tyres

picked up the wifes new lounge yesterday, noticed the tyres were continentals, pretty sure the last 500 had bridgestones, a good change by fiat?, appreciate your input guys,

picked up the wifes new lounge yesterday, noticed the tyres were continentals, pretty sure the last 500 had bridgestones, a good change by fiat?, appreciate your input guys,

they started with bridge then they went to conti and now the new ones have the good year efficient grips. guess it depends on what year and what sort of deal they get with tire manufactuers = ) i personally have the contis that came with the car so far have lasted over 50,000 kms

Despite what Ahmett might say, Fiat have always used a variety of suppliers. Including but possibly not limited to Bridgestone, Michelin, Continental, PIrelli and Goodyear or Dunlop (can't remember which now :p )

There is no real rhyme or reason to it. Your car turns up with 4 matching tyres and you have no choice in the matter :)

You can get two identical spec cars in terms of engine and wheel choice and they can turn up with different tyres.

We have Goodyear's on our POP and they seem to be grippy enough. Guess though I'll be sticking the Vredestein's on after I've returned from South Africa during the middle of next month. I suspect the temps and overall weather conditions will have changed significantly by then, but this is a conversation that firmly belongs in the most famous thread on this forum and no guesses what that is......:D

We have Goodyear's on our POP and they seem to be grippy enough. Guess though I'll be sticking the Vredestein's on after I've returned from South Africa during the middle of next month. I suspect the temps and overall weather conditions will have changed significantly by then, but this is a conversation that firmly belongs in the most famous thread on this forum and no guesses what that is......:D

What the hell does this have to do with the "I put a leather strap on the bootlid of my car because the fabric one wasn't forming a loop" thread? :confused::p

Despite what Ahmett might say, Fiat have always used a variety of suppliers. Including but possibly not limited to Bridgestone, Michelin, Continental, PIrelli and Goodyear or Dunlop (can't remember which now :p )

There is no real rhyme or reason to it. Your car turns up with 4 matching tyres and you have no choice in the matter :)

You can get two identical spec cars in terms of engine and wheel choice and they can turn up with different tyres.

The early ones have dunlop now they dont all the new ones i see these days have good year on the 15 inch and on the ypsilons so i would say if you order a 15 inch or even 16 inch it will be goodyear efficient grips. they have commercial agreements that i guess they change every year

at first i thought it was because we opted for sport alloys rather than the norm lounge multis, but, if they fit.....;)
It's pretty much random.

Here's a set of 16" Multispokes with Bridgestone Potenza's
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230858663770?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

and here's a ridiculously priced 16" multispoke with a continental Premium contact 2 on :)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-FIAT-500-16-ALLOY-WHEEL-7MM-TYRE-17-SPOKE-195-45-16-ABARTH-51852046-/190729789602?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D2511080186962901212%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D190729789602%26

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
What the hell does this have to do with the "I put a leather strap on the bootlid of my car because the fabric one wasn't forming a loop" thread? :confused::p

Ah, not that one - I'm sure he meant that he was going to turn on the daytime running lights. :p

Good to see you've been finding more 'bargain' wheel options for me - though I don't like that rim damage :rolleyes: As it turns out I've had to spend all my money on my teeth and income tax until next month, so my 500's wheel is looking quite fine at the moment. Still interested though...

-Alex

Back