Technical Two problems!

Currently reading:
Technical Two problems!

Bravo_Gaz

Hey chaps,

I've been having a few issues with the car lately! The car is a 2006 1.2 GP with about 32k on the clock.

I'm not too sure if the problems are linked or not... Anyway!

Problem 1.

The last few mornings it's had a bit of trouble starting. It turns over fine, but within about 3 seconds the revs stagger and fall and it stalls. This seems to be worse the longer I don't drive the car for, once started, if I rev it a bit it seems to be okay, maybe slightly juddery but nothing too bad.

Problem 2.

I just went to the car, turned the key and she started fine, but we had no dial movement and all the lights stayed on, CD player give me the CANCHECK dialogue. I've seen this posted before and a software upgrade may help? I just think it's a bit coincidental that it's happening around the same time as problem 1. When I got back, this problem temporarily fixed itself.

Any ideas anyone? If I can give anymore information to help, give me a shout!

Cheers all.

Garry

top one sounds very much like your MAP sensor do a advanced search for it narrowing your search to the grande punto secton (in the red bar at the top of the page) and check out the guides section for replacement help (in the blue bar at the top of the page)

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/226978-starting-problem-revs-drop-off.html

check the battery terminals are tight for your second problem has the car been stood a while ie not run or have you had big problems starting it (as the above fault) low battery voltage from excessive cranking can cause the fault

Thanks guys, will check out these things. Do you know the part number for the MAP sensor on the 1.2?

Cheers!

Garry

i got an aftermarket one off ebay cost £20 ish was identical in every way to the original minus the Bosch sticker......

came from "The Air Flow Meter Company " on there

alternitively if you want original

http://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=store&op=Details&ProdID=3251&sku=7832

you can save 10% off the above using the Donated members discount code if you donate to the fiatforum and then get access to members offers

Can I just ask, what's the difference between a MAF and MAP? Do all models have both? If so, do they both cause similar problems if faulty?

Cheers again!

Garry

i would take the manifold off and clean it out as well. the reason the MAP sensors fault is because of oil contamination. if you don't clean the manifold out the fault will reoccur eventually. make sure you completely strip the manifold and just fill it with brake cleaner until all the oil residue is gone let it dry and refit it.

Back