Technical Stalling

Currently reading:
Technical Stalling

cam03w

Hi,

I understand that there’s numerous topics on this but I can’t seem to find anything that’s worked for me.

I have a 2006 1.2 grande punto. When the vehicle is hot and when depressing the clutch when coming to a stop the car will stall. Sometimes this is almost instant sometimes this can take a few seconds to stall. The only way to stop it is to apply revs while stationary. Upon restarting the car most of the time it will start on the key but sometimes I will need to apply revs inorder to get it going.

I am only quite new to cars as this is my first vehicle and only being a student I don’t have masses of money to keep throwing at it. I’ve bought and replaced the throttle body with a reconditioned unit and checked all hoses I can for any leaks. The car has recently had a service however the issue was about prior to the service

I really appreciate any help with this matter
Thank you
Cam ❤️

Hi,

I understand that there’s numerous topics on this but I can’t seem to find anything that’s worked for me.

I have a 2006 1.2 grande punto. When the vehicle is hot and when depressing the clutch when coming to a stop the car will stall. Sometimes this is almost instant sometimes this can take a few seconds to stall. The only way to stop it is to apply revs while stationary. Upon restarting the car most of the time it will start on the key but sometimes I will need to apply revs inorder to get it going.

I am only quite new to cars as this is my first vehicle and only being a student I don’t have masses of money to keep throwing at it. I’ve bought and replaced the throttle body with a reconditioned unit and checked all hoses I can for any leaks. The car has recently had a service however the issue was about prior to the service

I really appreciate any help with this matter
Thank you
Cam ❤️
Two simple things to check, when engine warm and idling in neutral, do the engine revs drop when pressing the clutch or the brake pedal.
The reason I ask is that on older cars if there was a vacuum leak on the brake servo pressing the brake pedal a few times could result in the engine revs dropping or stalling the engine.
Less likely is an engine fault that causes the revs to drop when pressing the clutch right down, this would be a more costly job.

Back