Punto 2012+ twinair

Currently reading:
Punto 2012+ twinair

It shouldn't wear any faster than a 4 cyl engine.

It is effectively half a Multiair engine.

Oil changes are always the key to engine longevity.

I change mine half way through service interval as I think 18000 is way too much between changes.

Twinair is an amazing little engine! Have you driven one yet?

Cheers,

Ian.

Not really afraid with this engine. Answer is what "The Twins" said.

We can add that a turbo engine should be used with care when cold and when it is very hot just let it running a couple of seconds before shut off.
(general advice for all turbo engines)

Not really afraid with this engine. Answer is what "The Twins" said.

We can add that a turbo engine should be used with care when cold and when it is very hot just let it running a couple of seconds before shut off.
(general advice for all turbo engines)

Its not as important as it was with the cool down period on the turbos as the majority of new cars come with a water cooled turbo to help prevent heat soak.

hello all , i have to say that of all the various cars that i have owned over many years all makes and models the twin air is without doubt the most fun to drive geoff kelshaw

Its not as important as it was with the cool down period on the turbos as the majority of new cars come with a water cooled turbo to help prevent heat soak.

Yes, it was more important before, and when "normal" driving not need to take care of this (otherwise all people with turbo diesel and now with petrol downsized engines would have problems..).

But when you have drived a bit hard, or just arrived uphill, it could always be a good advice.
Even watercooled turbos, if your car do not have an electrical water pump, the heat is no more evacuated when engine is off.

Back