Turboing a 1.2 bravo sx

Currently reading:
Turboing a 1.2 bravo sx

Fiatbravofandan

Hi all am new to the fiat forum but have owned my bravo for a couple months but one thing I would like to do is see about adding a turbo to it? Any idea if I can do this and how? Any links or any helpful info Would be much appreciated. Thanks

It would involve quite a lot - sourcing a turbo, possibly modifying the internals (depending on how much power) modifying the fuel system and the exhaust system. How good are your skills in spanner twiddling?

And don't forget about the costs (and insurance) Turbo conversions are pricey especially if this is your first one. If it's more power your after perhaps consider a 1.6 conversion (or even a 2.0 (y)) these engines were fitted to the bravo and offer a big hike in power with a lot less hassle of experimenting with turbos.

Hi all am new to the fiat forum but have owned my bravo for a couple months but one thing I would like to do is see about adding a turbo to it? Any idea if I can do this and how? Any links or any helpful info Would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi,
as Gadge says it'll be far more cost - effective to buy another car..,

However,
it's not beyond the chassis to have another 120HP;)

https://www.fiatforum.com/bravo-brava/420212-do-i-have-worst-brava-britain.html

Charlie - Oxford

Hi and welcome.
If you decide to do this type of conversion and you need any help with modified car insurance then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help out.
Regards,
Dan.

Back