turbo problem on my primera?

Currently reading:
turbo problem on my primera?

hey FF, i've given up on joining other forums for stuff as they never quite match up to here! anyway, i'm having some trouble with my primera :(

the car's a '05 2.2 dci primera, been using 100% biodiesel for a few month now too with no problems.

however, i've noticed in the higher gears higher up the rev range the car will suddenly stop accelerating as if the turbo has suddenly stopped boosting, if i hold my foot to the floor it will just stay at whatever speed the turbo stopped at, if i let my foot off the accelerator and put it back on straight away it'll boost again and accelerate.

i've never actually changed the fuel filter on the car since i got it, it has had regular oil and filter changes though, i'd love to find it was a blocked fuel filter (bio diesel tends to clean the crap out of your tank and leave it in the filter)

obviously, worst scenario it could be the turbo!

any help on this would be greatly appreciated

any ideas before i trade it in?

i quite fancy selling this and the GF's punto, and buying a multijet panda.

Alex

Shadey's right on the money there. I'd have changed it as a matter of course tbh.

Aye cheers lads, already got one on order, just wanted a bit of background and to hear what I wanted to hear to put my mind at rest lol.

The only thing making me question it being a filter is the way it suddenly stops accelerating instead of bogging down or spluttering.

been abroad so only just got the filter on today, still the same.

it's when the engine's under load, doesn't do it in 1st or 2nd.

these type of cars are great for power and economy but they're so complicated and there's so much to go wrong :(

If there was an issue, any issue related to the turbo it would probably be whining

aye mate that's what i originally thought, but you know what it's like when you read conflicting info on the net :(

fairly sure the turbo's ok, no whining, smoke, bosts fine in 1st and 2nd. after that in 3rd up to 3-3.5k revs it's pull like a train then stop.

gunna clean the EGR tommorow, i've read online a coked up EGR will cause it to knock out a lot of emissions, but it passed the mot emissions today, still worth a try, then maybe the MAF.

after that i'm thinking the SCV system or injectors, would rather trade it in before i start chucking money at it.

Back