Technical trunk door won't open

Currently reading:
Technical trunk door won't open

stilo 2001

Hello everybody,
my 2001 fiat stilo's trunk door(5th door) won't open. When I squeez the door opener nothing happens, no sound. I olso tried the button from the RC(remotecontrol) stil nothing happens. The manual key lock does not work.
What should I do to solve the problem? Is ther a fuse somewhere(I could'nt fide it on the fuse plan)? :bang: :bang:

Hi. The top glass part of the door opens independently if it isn’t shut properly the main boot door wont open.

Hello everybody,
my 2001 fiat stilo's trunk door(5th door) won't open. When I squeez the door opener nothing happens, no sound. I olso tried the button from the RC(remotecontrol) stil nothing happens. The manual key lock does not work.
What should I do to solve the problem? Is ther a fuse somewhere(I could'nt fide it on the fuse plan)? :bang: :bang:

This sounds odd.

The door handle/button operates a micro switch on the latch to release the door.

The switch on the key also operates that micro switch.

The fuse of the wiring might have developed a problem (especially the wiring loom where it passes from the body into the door, so it's worth testing that circuit (when you have the door open) in case the wires have snapped.

The fuse is probably shared with another service... but it will be in the panel under the dashboard. If you have no blown fuses then the problem won't be the fuse.

The key should open the lock because it doesn't need the microswitch or wiring. It operates a rod, which opens the lock. The rod only works with the key, not the electric release methods.. so I'm not sure why you lost all ways to open the boot. The rod would work even if the electrics are dead and the electrics would work even if the rod is detached or missing.

If you can get into the boot from inside the car you may find another way to open the hatch. You might have to dismantle the trim to get access to the lock.

I would lubricate the lock to see if you can make it work.. (could be it's a little stiff) before your start dismantling the car with the hatch stuck shut.. :(

Ralf S.

I would also say get inside a car, fold the back seats and from there you will see a way to manually open it from the inside ..it is hard to describe but is self explanatory there is a small metal lever which can be pushed by a screwdriver in order to release the tailgate . Once you have it open it is easy to inspect and see what went wrong

This:

$_1.JPG

In the right hand bottom side of the latch, there is a little metal tab which needs to be press. It is visible once you are inside the boot

You have to configure the individual opening the trunk and just open the trunk. One of these settings and is the fact that unless the door open then and the trunk can be opened. That's so than in the settings kompa. In my opinion it's called Boot ind: off/on
I have a Stilo SW 5doors. In 5 door handle worth Microswitch. So here is it not from contacts and oxidized, so the door did not open. I had to find another and change.
Sorry for the bad English.
http://www.fiatclub.by/foroom/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11563

Last edited:
Hello there, i am new to the forum.
i'm quite familiar to wiring and such things seeing as it's my job and all but i couldn't make time yet to figure whats wron with my car.

it's a fiat stilo 2.4 abarth manual 3 door.

my problem is somewhat similar but my trunk still works with the key, yet when i use my key's electrical signal it doesnt work and neither does the switch on the back work.
i was just wondering if any of you guys have solved this problem before, and if so... how?

Back