Transponder Key? Dodgy Fix?

Currently reading:
Transponder Key? Dodgy Fix?

rpnight

Hey all

Bit of a dilemma...

My girlfriends one and only fiat seicento key has SNAPPED. I called a locksmith....£250 for a copy

Phoned FIAT.....£160 and i have to get the car to them...hello its locked! i have no key!

I was thinking....i know you need the transponder to start the car and a manual cut wont work BUT...if i got a key cut and held the old key right by the ignition barrel...do you think the signal would prompt the car to then start?

Thanks in advance

If it helps, its a year 2000 X Plate Fiat Seicento

Danny(y)

yes all you need do do is get the key bit out and then get a copy of it done, after that as long as it unlocks car/puts ignition on then its good just put the blue transponder bit near the key barrel and itll start :) or you could even put the key inside the igition barrel casing but then people could hotwire it :(

Thanks a lot Gazzaman :D exactly what i wanted to hear!

I'll get a copy done tomorrow if i can and post back...hopefully with a success story!

Thanks again :worship:

:yeahthat:

timpsons can copy your coded key for £20-25.

alternatively, get an uncoded key cut (£6) and then chop it down so it will fit in the original blue bit, then you have your original key working again.

MOST IMPORTANTLY!! you should always have at least 2 working keys for your car, get 2 copies made or you may regret it later. its much cheaper and easier to get a copy made rather than waiting until you lose your key.

Back