Toyota Prius

Currently reading:
Toyota Prius

took back the crap corsa hire car and got one of these instead, is pretty strange thing to drive.
press a button to turn it on, then select a gear R or D, it then dont select and says start in park, i did start in park fecking thing.

steering column is too low on its highest setting so you bash your knees getting in and out.
more room than the corsa is the only good thing ive found so far, it has rear view camera with some sort of parking assistance but when i tried to use it it started to more then said parking assistance canceled

Is it true what was said on Top Gear about the Prius... that the carbon emissions of manufacturing one are worse than the fuel carbon emissions of a Range Rover?

Don't Toyota source some pretty special alloys from random parts of the world, mine and ship them to Japan, manufacture the Prius and ship them round the world for assembly? Sounds very environmentally friendly.

Most Prius' I see pass me on the motorway doing 90+ mph, defeats the point of buying a supposidly "environmentally friendly" car doesn't it? Especially when you look at the manufacturing process!

From "Channel 4 Fact Check: How green is my Prius?", they state that only 2% of the Prius' CO2 emissions come from the actual burning of fuel compared to 80% of that of a normal car. The other 98% is made up of gathering raw materials, production, transport, maintenance and disposal.

Is it true what was said on Top Gear about the Prius... that the carbon emissions of manufacturing one are worse than the fuel carbon emissions of a Range Rover?

Don't Toyota source some pretty special alloys from random parts of the world, mine and ship them to Japan, manufacture the Prius and ship them round the world for assembly? Sounds very environmentally friendly.

Most Prius' I see pass me on the motorway doing 90+ mph, defeats the point of buying a supposidly "environmentally friendly" car doesn't it? Especially when you look at the manufacturing process!

From "Channel 4 Fact Check: How green is my Prius?", they state that only 2% of the Prius' CO2 emissions come from the actual burning of fuel compared to 80% of that of a normal car. The other 98% is made up of gathering raw materials, production, transport, maintenance and disposal.

An normal car over its life time has 80% of its emissions emitting during manufacture, and the remaining 20% from tail pipe. Prius I suspect may me more in producation % wise, but probably beacuse it emits less from the tail pipe than a normaly car.

Don't forget that stats and figures can be manipulated!! ;)

I think it was the stuff in the battery, mined in canada, shipped to china to be processed, shipped to Japan to be made into a battey and shipped to the UK to be put in a car.

Think they also said you'd need to do 1000 miles a year at 30mph for 50 years to only start to balance the eco friendlyness of it. Though the battery's are only good for 10 years aswell.

But this was for the first Prius, you never know it might be better now :)

had a look under the bonnet today found this

2.JPG

had a look in the manual to find out what it was, found this

1.jpg

didn't put one in yet, didn't have one with me, was just playing with buttons, see one says close, satnav screen rotated reveling a cd slot, wtf it say close and not open? you have to open it to put some thing in before closing it, so it should say open :nutter:

my car should be back Wednesday with any luck

Touche my man (y)
I'd only buy a hilux from those chaps in the car infront of the car that's carrying me infront of the one behind me...
Ta

Back