toyota Lucida 2.4 petrol 4wd auto

Currently reading:
toyota Lucida 2.4 petrol 4wd auto

hey all, my auntie has one, has been a troublesome thing since she bought it.

it keeps over heating and drinking water, they're prone to head gaskets i understand, she's certain the cause is the wrong type of coolant :rolleyes:

anyway, another cause for concern is the battery, it doesn't hold a charge properly, battery coming to the end of its life i thought, she told me before she had someone check the battery and the alternator is fine as it's charging at over 16 volts! :eek:

i told her that wasn't normal and anything over 14.4v is too much.

i can't find much online about these, all of the clubs restrict access until you pay an annual membership :mad:

anyone know much about them?

i really want to help her out as she doesn't have the best of luck with cars but at the same time probably wont accept help or admit there's a real problem with it.

any advice about the battery would be great, or if anyone knows where you can get hold of a manual would be excellent!

Alex

try preloved thats free, i think there is stuff on them on there. i looked at getting one of these years ago and was loads for sale needing new headgasket and loads with cam belt snapping damage

will do cheers, Dave.

not my cup of tea at all, she's getting 15mpg too, not sure why she went from a 2.5 v6 omega to this, that was doing 25mpg and she was complaining about how bad it was.. loopy lol

Back